Friday, April 11, 2008

Sprucing up a bit

I know, I know -- you're probably thinking this is all about cleaning up the old leaves and sprucing up the yard for spring, right??? But no, we're not quite to spring here anyway and this is about the sprucing up and beautification of moi!!! Stop laughing and thinking -- oh man -- she is just too vain!! I have good reasons for trying to look better-- my son is getting married at the end of May!! And the pre-wedding party season is beginning!

So, here's what I've done so far. First, I've lost 12 or 13 pounds since October! Yay! Actually I started my diet/exercise plan because I knew I had to see my cardiologist in November. And I didn't want him to think I'd let myself go since my heart surgery the year before. He did say I looked great, by the way :)

Last week, I had eyelash extensions put on (you, know - fake eyelashes--too fun!!) to see how I liked them. I do like them -- except on one eye -- I think they all came off already; touch-up last night, so am feeling glamourous again today! Last Sunday, I had a spray-on tan done at one of the tanning places. Now, that was a weird experience -- like being in a carwash, except without the proctection of a car all around me! As I stood there in all my glory, a sweet voice came on and would say "3, 2 1, tanning" and the spray would start up; turn, spray, repeat. I do like the way it turned out and bonus, it won't cause any wrinkles!! It's supposed to last for about 10 days. So will be doing it again. I like having a little color without having to be in the sun or a tanning booth.
Also have had my usual hair color/highlights done and have been letting my hair grow out a bit, but no closer to figuring out what to do with my hair for the wedding than months ago. We'll just see and wing it. No, no, no, I don't mean I want Farrah Fawcett wings -- I'll just try and do something that is not too poufy. In every single picture that Maddy draws of me --my hair goes way up above my head! She has gorgeous black, shiny straight hair -- mine tends to more of a frizzy, poufy look - aack!!

Tomorrow is the first of the pre-wedding events. A bridal shower/luncheon hosted by two of my sisters. It's a "girl" shower so will include my Mom, niece, aunts, cousins and Catherine's sisters and sisters-in-law. Of course, Miss Maddy will be there and SHE has a really cute outfit. Me -- I think I'm just wearing something I wear to work as the forecast is for another cold, dreary, rainy day. No matter, I figure the sun will be shining from the inside as we enjoy celebrating the lovely bride-to-be and the upcoming wedding. Watch for photos after the event!

5 comments:

Jodee said...

Jan -- You are going to be one hot mama come May! You are looking fabulous!

I hope you have a great time at the shower and I can't wait to see pictures!

Gotta run. We are headed to the Lied Center for Dan Zanes!

Lisa said...

oooh! Mama beautification is always a wonderful thing!! Enjoy every second.

Kate said...

Well good for you!! I can't wait to see photos!! Excellent job on the weight loss! I hope you have just the best time ever at all of the wedding revelry....such fun, precious times!!!

Best wsihes,

Kate

Shari said...

Jan . . . you are looking GREAT and you are doing such a good job of going to the Y!! Take lots of pictures tomorrow!!

Bridget said...

What a cute post. It all sounds quite fun! I have heard about the eyelash extensions- so glam.

Hope you have fun at the shower and all of the pre-wedding festivities.