Friday, February 26, 2021

Five on Friday!

Greetings All! Hope you are enjoying some nice weather and the end of February! NO MORE SNOW PLEASE!! With that in mind, I have my occasional list of FIVE ON FRIDAY!
1. Nice Weather! After those weeks and weeks of way below-zero temps and way too much snow, we have been blessed with temps getting into the 40s this week! And loads of sunshine! It's been so welcome and has improved everyone's mood so much! The outlook for March has some days in the 50s!! Bring it on!!
2. Birthday! My oldest son's birthday is on Sunday!! Happy Birthday Philip! He's going to be 36! Wow -- how in the world did he get to be 36?? The day he was born it was 68 degrees! Sooooo nice! Of course, I think there was snow on the day we took him home from the hospital. We have missed celebrating so many birthdays during this long shutdown and hope that will change soon. I think Rickster and I will be up next for vaccinations. Fingers crossed. Philip loves crazy socks and I found these on the wonderful Amazon!
3. Powder Room Refresh! We have a small powder room on our main floor. The tile in it has bugged me for the last 20 years - it's ok -- it just looked like bathtub tile! Anyway, the Rickster knows a handyman who I contacted and he's re-tiling with subway tile. I LOVE it! It's a small room, so he should be finished today - I hope!
4. Maddie Update. I don't think I've updated anything on Maddie in a while. She's doing well and working so hard on her courses at Southeast Community College in the Health Sciences Division. She's looking forward to nicer weather so she can get her camera out again. There was a sweet profile of her as a young photographer in our neighborhood newsletter recedntly.
5. Meteorological Spring. Yay -- Monday starts Meteorological Spring! The official spring is later in the month -- but we are just so happy this year to get through winter that we are celebrating March 1 and Spring! Happy Spring friends!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

As much as I love winter and loathe summer, I DO appreciate the 40's and 50's and the amazing sunshine- it does make our spirits improve!!! Those crazy socks and so cute! And I love that Maddie was featured in a magazine- that is so cool! I tried to read it when you posted on FB, but it wouldn't let me. I'd love to read it somehow. Ideas?

Lisa said...

sunny weather is a must! I love a good remodel. And happy birthday to your baby!

Jodee said...

I’m so glad the snow is gone! I love your new tile too!

URGENT LOAN OFFER said...

Emergency Cash Loans Hello Everybody, My name is Mrs. Phyllis Sue South. I live in UK London and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $350,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 2 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $350,000.00 U.S. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs. Phyllis Sue South that refer you to him. contact Dr. James Eric via email: financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com Whats-App +918929509036