Tuesday, February 2, 2021

So Long January; Hello February and other Miscellaneous Stuff

Yay - January has FINALLY ended! Don't you feel like that month goes on and on and on and . . . on!!! We are so happy to get it over and done with. Welcome to lovely short-month February!
Maddie and I decided to try and take back some of the joy that covid stole from us during most of 2020. So, we joined a gym again. We had given up our membership up when the pandemic started and most places had to close here. The one we're going to is nice and has great cleaning protocols plus it's fairly quiet. Yes, I am the old lady that does not like noisy, crowded gyms with music blasting and millenials running from machine to machine and room to room for their workouts. At one gym, I was nearly knocked over a couple times. I swear I was the oldest person there. Now, I'm definitely NOT the oldest. Anywho, M and I like to use the treadmill, elliptical and bicycle at the gym. She is definitely the Youngest person to go there and she is happy to excerise and listen to something on her headphones or watch one of the tvs. We are both feeling better from the exercise. Of course, we had planned to walk outside, but the cold and snow and cold and more snow prevented us from doing so. I wish I was one of those people who exercise outside, all year long, but no, we are weather wimps!
And, what do you do when you don't like the family photos? We had some scheduled for outside in July and then October and November and our photographer cancelled each time. So, we found someone else. She was very nice, but . . . not fans of the photos. Maddie and Connor were also there, but they didn't like them either and will be mad if they find out I posted any. But seriously, look at me and my turkey neck. Couldn't the photographer have suggesed I put my chin down or something to minimize that gobble gobble look??? I guess we can all get a laugh out of those. Wish I would have thought of My Big Greek Wedding and how the older ladies stood together and pulled each other's necks back! Do you remember that? Brilliant!! I do like my cute jaunty hat and have made a big note to myself -- wear more turtlenecks!! And really, does anyone want to see old folks like us kissing??? I don't think so.
On another note, I must get back to work. Yes, I am still working in Rickster's office. It's ok, but let's just say I enjoy my part-time seasonal gift wrap job more! Happy February!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

I love it when you blog- it always brings me a laugh! :) Okay- the family pictures is a bit forced, but I LOVE the one of just you and Rick. I think it's adorable!!

Anonymous said...

I am also so glad that January is over! As always, it was long and painful and even worse this year due to the mean and nasty Covid still lurking around!

I am so glad that you and M are enjoying your new gym! Unfortunately, I am the oldest person in my classes and the one right in front of the biggest fan! Thank you, menopause, for making even exercise hard!

I always love your pictures!

Hurry up, spring!

Jodee

Lisa said...

The pics look great!! Exercise is for my mind as much as my body. Depression (for me) has been bad!!

URGENT LOAN OFFER said...

Emergency Cash Loans Hello Everybody, My name is Mrs. Phyllis Sue South. I live in UK London and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $350,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 2 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $350,000.00 U.S. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs. Phyllis Sue South that refer you to him. contact Dr. James Eric via email: financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com Whats-App +918929509036