Sunday, September 12, 2021

Move-In Day!

Left a very big part of my heart in Kearney, Nebraska at the University of Nebraska! Maddie started her sophomore year there as a transfer student in the Health Sciences field. It was a bit of late sign-up, but she was able to get her classes and a dorm room -- so that was a huge relief. On a tour the week before school started, the tour guide (a student) told us she had a transfer student the day before and she wasn't able to get into a dorm! Even though the rooms are small, it's such a great experience to live in the dorm. UNK was super organized and had lots of student helpers there to move boxes and gear to the rooms and even bump up her bed a bit! Such a huge help! Her room reminds me a lot of my room in Heitz Hall at Bradley University my freshman year -- many, many, many years ago!
Her roomie is from Grand Island, Nebraska, about 40 minutes away. She works at a local hospital part-time so goes home most weekends to work.
Maddie joined a sorority and is busy with classes and studying and getting the whole college experience -- including that the food is often a bit questionable - but at least, the cookies and desserts are generally yummy! I'm sure Maddie and her roomie are going to have the BEST experience there. Lucky for me, she is taking the advice on the pillow I got for her to heart and texting and calling me! Love and miss that sweet girl!
Study hard. Have fun. 💙💛! #UNK #GoLopers

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have followed your blog for several years now because we have 2 granddaughters from China. We have friends who live in Nebraska but when I read your blog today about you attending Bradley University my jaw dropped. We live about 15 miles from Peoria and our son-in-law and oldest grandson both graduated from Bradley and our youngest grandson is currently a student. What a small world! Love your blog!

Billie Jo said...

That pillow!!!!! Yes, the excitement of it all! Best wishes to her, and to you Momma!

PattyK said...

So happy for Maddie that she is getting to experience UNK!
Wishing her (& you) all the best!

Laurie said...

She looks so happy!! I love that she's having a good experience so far, but I bet you miss her so much!!