Wednesday, February 16, 2022

A Valentine's Day trip!

Hello Friends! I had a little Valentine's Day trip - to Kearney, Nebraska to visit Maddie! The weather was forecast to be good -- a must for me and driving - and so I hit the road! It's about a two-hour drive each way and, guess what, I am getting better about driving on the Big Bad Scary Interstate! The last couple of visits, I've driven all the way on I-80 there and back! That's huge for me as I had been taking a Nebraska Highway -- which was a lovely drive - but added at least another 30 minutes to the drive. As you go west on I-80, it gets flatter and the wind picks up - which makes me a tad bit nervous, especially with the big trucks on the roads. But it's working out and definitely worth it to visit M! It always freaks me out a little to read the signs that say "Watch for wind and ice on the overpass!" There are wind socks to show you if it's really windy -- Yikes!
We had a nice visit and ran some errands together -- that's what we always do at home too! Kearney is easy to find your way around and we definitely know the way to Target and the mall!
But, she had some studies and things to do in the evening, so I wasn't there too long and although I'm doing better with driving, I'm not ready for night driving! It's always special to visit her in her home away from home! These photos show a bit of her room and dorm. Funny the calendar in the hallway was been at October since she moved in! :)
They had a fun event for the students last week -- they brought in a Build-A-Bear workshop and every student who signed up could make a stuffed animal! :) Maddie said it was packed with students all wanting new stuffies. Awwww - isn't that sweet! What a great idea UNK It's just too bad they didn't have any of the Kearney Mascot - Louie the Loper, but Maddie made a very cute Panda Bear!
Hope you had a fun Valentine's Day too!

3 comments:

Billie Jo said...

I think that is amazing you are driving on the interstate! I have only done that one time, and it was by accident!!! So good for you! She is so lovely, and I know how happy you must have been to spend any amount of time with her. And what a wonderful idea! The Build A Bear! Have a cozy evening, my friend.

Lisa said...

Girl! I am the SAME about driving! Maddie looks so happy!

Laurie said...

Okay, I am LOVING that you posted Maddy at school- her place looks very cozy- and more so now with her cute little panda. I'm glad you guys had fun running errands and just being together. I'm like you with the roads- hate being on them at night in the dark- or driving longer than an hour, truth be told. Ick!