Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Happy End of February Update!

Hello Friends!! It's been awhile, hasn't it! Oh my word, I got soooooo far behind. I had been trying to post once in a while, but as we know, that hasn't happened. (I am including some random photos from fall/December to break up the paragraphs as I still haven't figured out this newish blog system!)
I have a few excuses for my absence --- in December, I was working two jobs -- my regular job at Jenny Craig and then also as a gift wrapper at Von Maur. Crazy I know, I set my own schedule for Von Maur and worked way too much - some days working 5 hours at Jenny C and then another 5 or 6 at Von Maur. I was totally confused sometimes as to which day it was and where I was supposed to be working! But, I do love doing the gift wrapping, so even though tiring, it was fun. Miss Maddie also worked there over her break and that's always super to be working with her. We have so many gift wrap friends that it is a treat to go to work.
We went to Zoo Lights at our local zoo - so beautiful and amazing! And COLD!
And then, that darn January came around and it was cold and ugly out and I seemed to hibernate! I do not like the month of January at all. Also, Maddie moved into a new apartment in Omaha. The apartment at her university was fine and in a good location, but the roomie!!! Roomie seemed to believe there was space in the apartment for 3 of them, Maddie, Roomie and Roomie's boyfriend! UGH!!! Not a good situation and so stressful and unfair that M was basically stuck in her bedroom a lot of the time as Roomie and BF were hanging out in the living room. And he was staying over and using their tiny little bathroom and shower! Ewwww -- not good! The whole situation got my blood boiling! Maddie checked and found that the Newman Center (Catholic organization with a dorm in Omaha) had a space open up in January. It is a 4-person suite with 4 private bedrooms, kitchen, living room and 2 bathrooms. One girl moved out over the Christmas break. Maddie nabbed that opening fast! My sister Judy and I moved her over there and we all felt a big sign of relief with some stress floating away with the change. The new girls are super nice and the location is great. Maddie often went to the Newman Center to study and it's perfect that she can be in the study rooms whenever she wants. It's in a very convenient location and only about 10-15 minutes from Maddie's classes. Bonus - Starbucks is around the corner! We are keeping this advice with us into 2023!
Trying to remember this and think positively every day!
Well, I better save some blog material for future posts! Stay tuned friends! I've missed you!!

2 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Hello! So happy you are back! You know, it seems like more people are returning to blogging! I am so happy for your girl. Good for her to get out of a situation like that. Ugh!!! Now she has privacy, space, and Starbucks!!!!

Jodee said...

Hooray for an update! I am super excited for Maddie and I hope she enjoys her new space too!

Jodee