Thursday, June 19, 2008

And so it goes,



Everything seems to be settling down a bit. The rains have stopped, the basement isn't a flood zone anymore and there are no pre-wedding or wedding festivities to gear up or get in shape for. Oh, don't worry, I'm continuing my workouts and some of my beauty routines . . . maybe not the eyelash extensions. I liked them, but they seem to require quite a bit of maintenance. I have noticed that I'm eating more and more chocolate again -- which I always do when I'm stressed and/or bored. Drat -- I thought I had that monkey on my back beat!! Guess not -- but I'll keep trying. Time to stock up on more Diet Jello -- which is really rather yummy if you haven't tried it yet.

The newlyweds are home from their honeymoon. Did I tell you that they went to Rome??? As in Rome, Italy??? Whoa, what a honeymoon, eh!! They are so sweet -- I love having them back. Even though we don't live in the same city, they are fairly close by and they are about the cutest couple ever!!!!
Rick and I spent our "honeymoon" driving a u-haul truck to Philadelphia where he was about to start law school. It broke down in the hills of Pennsylvania -- which was the first of many events that would send me to the phone calling my mother and crying!! I'm not kidding. And also not kidding that she told me that she wasn't sure the priest actually signed our marriage license, so we were probably not really married and I could come home immediately!! Funny -- I'll have to ask her if she remembers that -- I sure do!

And although the water stopped coming in, the house is still in semi-disaster mode (I hate the basement) and that along with a few other things are starting to stress me out a bit. Have gotten some bids on putting in drain tile and a sump pump -- just what you want to spend money on -- NOT. Insurance guy is supposed to come next week -- it's probably not covered. Good thing I'm giving up those eyelash extensions, think I'm going to need that extra cash!

7 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Maddie looks so cute in this picture...very grown up!

Sorry you are so stressed....I agree...that is not the kind of house project you want to spend your money on, but at least you want have to worry next time we get terrible rains!

Hope you have a nice weekend.

Lisa

Jake and Taryn said...

Bummer about your house, my Mom called last night and said that the hot water heater had gone out in their house. It is always something and I too hate spending money on those kinds of things...

On a lighter note, I LOVE the picture of Maddie!! TOO CUTE!!

Jake and Taryn said...

*Sorry, I knew it was Maddy, not Maddie!!

Jodee said...

I will make sure I stock up on Hershey Kisses at my desk for you! It sounds like you need them!

I don't ever remember hearing the story about your marriage license. That is wayyyy too funny! I think Mr. Tennis is a keeper after all!

Lisa said...

after 40 years o fmarriage my parents thought no one ever filed their amrriage license. They were wrong but I thought it was funny that they actually were worried about it!

Kerry said...

So glad that the flooding has stopped. What a mess and so stressful.

UGG- Hugs to you. I can understand about the chocolate.

Bridget said...

Sorry about the basement - no fun! there are much better ways to spend your money:) I loved the story about your mom - too funny!

And as always Maddie is a doll!