Sunday, November 30, 2008
Friday, November 28, 2008
Ooops -- did I have too much wine? I forgot to take my apron off for the picture!
I ordered this darling "milkmaid frock" for Maddy after seeing it on another blog. Isn't it adorable? And look how excited she is below hearing that we are going to see Bolt!
And now the long weekend, some shopping and some holiday craftwork begins.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Here we go with the Thankful Thursday and Flashback Friday- The Early Edition -- all rolled into one post! We have so very much to be thankful for this year.
- Of course, number one on my list is my dear Hub and incredibly sweet children. You are all absolutely the best!
- For my parents, Rickster's Mom and our brothers and sisters and their families. Such a wonderful group -- I'm sure we'd all be friends, even if we weren't related.
- For our good health. There have been a couple blips on the screen in years past, so I am so thankful that we are all feeling good and strong and happy this Thanksgiving. Let's keep it up and stay out of hospitals!
- For our jobs and all of wonderful co-workers. Work would not be half as fun without you. I know, I know -- you're asking . . . work is fun??? Yeah, sometimes it can be.
- For all of our friends, far and wide, in real life and in the bloggy world.
And the Flashback Friday photo is from our 2005 holiday photo card.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Isn't this fun -- watch me toss the leaves that Mom just raked into a big pile!
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Friday, November 14, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
Friday, November 7, 2008
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Sunday, November 2, 2008
After going a few blocks during which time, the girls raced from door to door and argued (in a nice way, of course) over who got to ring the doorbell, we ended up back at our house. Then the real fun for them began. Yes, they both said it was more fun to hand out candy than actually trick or treat! Blasphemy -- if you ask me!! When I was kid -- it was all about procuring a LOT of treats! Alas, the competitiveness of these two BFFs continued as they each had a bowl of candy. They didn't wait for the trick or treaters to come to the door --- no, they went out to the front walk to grab unsuspecting trick or treaters to try and be the first to throw candy in (or in some cases), at the little ghosts and goblins who chanced upon our walk! It was loads of fun and the weather was so great -- that there were lots and lots of trick or treaters out -- which kept both girls busy and happy!! Now, it's Sunday night and time to get ready for school and the week ahead. Hoping that the teachers are ready for a bit of sugar overload tomorrow!