As usual, I'm a little late to the "Thankful Thursday" party, but there are so many things to be thankful for this week especially. And so, I am:
1. Thankful that the hip replacement surgery on Mr. Tennis (the Hub a/k/a The Rickster) was successful yesterday, that he seems to be feeling better already and ready to tackle physical therapy. Hoping that he can actually play tennis and golf again after he recovers.
2. Thankful that two of his brothers drove out from Illinois to lend support to him and our family. Thanks guys-- you're the best! It was so sweet of you to drive 7-8 hours each way to help out your bro.
3. Thankful that my sons have been so thoughtful and helpful, even though they are both busy with school, studying and their own busy lives.
4. Thankful for sweet little M who provides the light in her Daddy's eyes. As she hopped out of the car yesterday for school, she said, "let's remember to pray for Daddy today."
5. Thankful that my parents and sisters have been so helpful and caring during this stressful time.
6. Thankful for all my office friends who have taken the time to ask about and check on the Rickster this week.
7. Thankful that the FM system in Maddy's classroom has been set up and she is enjoying first grade.
8. Thankful that a three-day weekend is coming up soon!