Friday, January 8, 2010

Dear Mother Nature:


Dear Mother Nature:

Okay, that's enough now . . . let's go back to our regularly scheduled winter! In case you haven't noticed, it's only the first week in January! You've dumped over 30 inches of snow since November, maybe October actually. I haven't forgotten that surprise snowstorm you sent us the first weekend in October!! I should have known then to stock up on the Fuggs (fake Uggs), mittens and gloves. And, what's with the Arctic cold temps and wind chills? This is Nebraska, not North Dakota! Are you kidding me -- the low temp predicted to be -22 -- that's minus 22 degrees -- I don't even want to guess what the wind chill will be!!! Can you say BRRRRRR!!!! Kids can't even go out and play when it's this cold! Yes, we are starting to go a little stir-crazy!


Okay, I'll admit that the newly fallen snow is pretty, but it's really not pretty for long. Please don't tell me these photos are blurry -- it's because your snow was coming down so fast and furious!

Guess what -- your snow and cold is not all fun and games, snowmen and snow angels! It also means frozen gutters, incredibly messy floors, wet boots, worries about water pipes bursting due to the extremely cold temps, not to mention high heating bills. Add to that the few days of melting a few weeks ago and how that led to water dripping through the master bedroom ceiling! Yeah, that was fun! With all the new snow, I can hardly wait for melting again!

Even the kids want to get back to school, especially since they've had so many snow days already that they'll have to make them up if we have any more. So, Mother Nature, let's be thinking early spring! I'm talking really early -- like February! What happened to global warming anyway??? It's the first month of the new decade . . . come on Mama Nature, can't we be friends??

Love, jboo

20 comments:

Tutus and Choo-Choos said...

I am so with you on NO more snow! My kids have still not gone back to school from Christmas break because of more snow and the snow drifts, and the wind and the cold temps.

Have a good weekend and stay warm!

Missy said...

Jan,
You are too funny, however, I know this isn't a funny situation for you or so many! Sorry it's been a rough winter for you guys. We just had our first snow day yesterday...with a whopping 1/2 inch of snow...lol!
Hope Mother Nature is listening to you :)

Dawn said...

Wow.,,that is alot of snow...,I just want ONE snow day...send some my way!!

Sue said...

WOW! Can't say I can relate...it's sunny and 70 degrees here but it sure is pretty. Sorry...I know you've had enough. ; )

Sue

Christy said...

Take it from someone who is in Southern CAlifornia who is still dealing with high 70's and low 80's right now that winter sounds nice. I know people hear the 70+ degree weather in January and think-- awwwww-- but that is not the case for all us native californians. We want winter-- we want a weather change. We are sick of "nice weather"--- my message to mother nature is BRING ON WINTER!!!! We need to put on (for the first time) our cute winter clothes and jackets. Come on!! Stores are bringing out spring clothes and we have not even had our winter yet-- shoot we have hardly had a fall-- I think the lowest we have got is in the 40's and that was only for a short time. Anyway, the grass is always greener-- right????

Hugs,

Chrsity

Gail said...

Oh...we can so relate here Janet! can't believe it's only early January and all the ice, snow and bitter cold weather. Fingers crossed for an early Spring!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Oh my gosh, now that's some serious snow. I love it when it is coming down like that, but not when it has stopped and I am stranded in my house and it's too cold to think about going outside. Let me know if the snow listens to your request! :)
Carrie

Kristin said...

We love snow since we get it so seldom here in the south. But, when we lived in PA, it made me crazy! After our last blizzard that dumped 18 inches or more, I told my husband to find a new job somewhere in the south!

I hope your winter calms down soon.

Laura L. said...

I feel your pain! I do. The cold can just be a joy-killer.
I skipped out on an errand or two today. I just wanted to get home to my warm house.
I hope Mother Nature takes her cues from you.
I do like the bird house/bird bath photos. They are cute, even if the do contain snow.

a Tonggu Momma said...

I'm cold just looking at those photos... and I now feel guilty complaining about the 3 inches we got last night.

Michelle R Photography said...

Oh my! I will not complain about our cold weather anymore. It is nothing compared to your winter! -22 degrees. Yikes!! Stay warm, Janet!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I feel so bad for you.... you have been getting hammered with the snow this season. UGH...your bedroom ceiling....that really STINKS!! I hope you have seen the worst of Mother Nature this winter.

Try to enjoy your weekend!

xo,

Lisa

Kim said...

Love your letter!! Although we haven't received a ton of snow it sure is COLD! Even with a blanket on, I can't seem to warm up!

Praying for warmer days!

Kam said...

If this wasn't so sad, it'd be hysterical! I'm lovin' this post! Especially since I JUST posted about our piddly 1-2 inches from last night here in GA! We were giddy with excitement and you've just had it! Soooo sorry! I hope she listens! lol!

Jodee said...

I could have written this letter myself! Seriously, how much more can we take?! We are climbing the walls here and our asses are the size of Texas!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Jean said...

Oh My it sounds to me like you live in MN! Thats just wishful thinking on my part!

Beautiful pics but it does get old after awhile.

Sorry about the water in the house- ugh!

Hoping for warmer weather to head your way!

Marla said...

I agree, I was all about the snow. Well, its time for it to go somewhere else now. After a couple of days of snow cream, I'm over it! This teen weather is for the birds!

Love the kitchen! Amazing what a little paint will do.

The Byrd's Nest said...

Wow....I am amazed at that snow! Isn't it crazy how much snow is everywhere...even Texas had snow! Praying it lightens up soon for all of you!

Kim said...

I can handle the snow but I hate the bitter cold. I am ready for a warm up soon. Have a good weekend!

Jill and Rick said...

OK, we haven't had 1/2 of what you've had, but I'm also SOOOOO ready for warmer temps and some fresh, cleansing rain!

Have a beautiful day and may the sun shine on you today!

Jill