Friday, March 26, 2010

Laundry Love!

Since before Christmas, we've been putting up with a whiny, out-of balance member of the family -- the washing machine!

I've been babysitting and sweet-talking my old machine so that it wouldn't break down entirely, while it chugged and jumped (out of balance) through medium loads. No small loads acceptable, no way, and no way would it do large loads either-- only medium!

I've been looking and thinking and looking some more for a replacement. I took Mr. Tennis with me one time and within 10 minutes, we bought a lovely front-loader from Sear*s! Guess we know who is the decisive one! ;) Two days ago, we kicked that old machine to the curb and welcomed the newcomer!

I love it!! It's so sweet and so cute! No one told me that front-loaders were so adorable! Now I can finally wash more than one towel at a time. I'm in laundry heaven!! Bye-bye top loader -- hello my sweety front-loading machine of ultimate clean!!!! Is it wrong to love a washing machine??? :)

13 comments:

Laura L. said...

Yay! You got your new machine. Congratulations on the newest member of the house.
It is perfectly acceptable to LOVE your new machine. Have fun!
I bet you'll find yourself wishing you had more laundry to do. I know I did...for a time.

S.Wise said...

Um. No. Not wrong at all! That's a beauty!!! Enjoy every load!!!

Love Letters To China said...

Oh no it's not wrong to love such a wonderful machine. I don't know about you, but I must dump a load of clothes into my washer at least once a day. I was too cheap to splurge on a front loader. Looking at yours makes me want to get one now (ours are only 2 yrs old... I guess I'll have to wait a while). ;-)

Happy washing....

paige said...

definately not wrong my friend
love on!!
i'm so jealous
we are on a thin line, me & my oldie vintage washer who will only tolerate medium loads...sigh
have a great weekend :)

Wanda said...

Nope. I totally get it. Nothing like a new, big piece of machinery that does everything you tell it to.

Bliss! Enjoy it.

Heather said...

Laundry love is GOOD! Congratulations on your newest member of the family...got to LOVE a front loading machine!!

Enjoy every bubbly minute...

Love,
Heather

Lucy said...

You are so cute. I would love a new front loader too. Congratulations on your newcomer. :)

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

I am so jealous! I love it!

Enjoy!

Lea
xo

Chez Zizi said...

That is awesome a new machine. It's funny how a washing machine can make us happy these days.

I also became a follower.

Zizette (Chez Zizi)

Alyson and Ford said...

I am jealous too!! Would love to have one....I have to wait until my 10 year old machines give up....
Congrats!!

Alyzabeth's Mommy for 18 Months!

Jodee said...

Nope! Not at all! I am completely in love with my frontloaders and I couldn't live without them now! I am sooo glad you took the laundry plunge! You are going to be in laundry heaven!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oohh...a front loader! Love it!

Unknown said...

Hi Janet! LOVE the washing machine...now if only I could get a bigger laundry room!!

:) T