Monday, May 3, 2010

The May Day Report

What a fun and busy day!

May Day turned out to be a lovely warm and sunny day – just the way the first day of May should be!


Maddy and I took an easier route this year and ordered pre-packaged bags of popcorn with pastel caramel corn thrown in for good measure. Lucky for me (or not), we have a few leftovers - yum!!! :) Maddy also received some May Day baskets – there are some seriously creative crafty Mums out there!

Anyhoo, Maddy and I quickly ran around to our neighbors and dropped off her May Day offerings. One little boy almost caught her, but she managed to get away without being tagged by him! I doubt that he knew he was supposed to give her a kiss – good thing – as she would not have appreciated that either! It was a very fun day!

May Day was also our neighborhood garage sale. Unfortunately, I forgot about that and didn’t get anything ready. Next year, my neighbor and I are determined to put our treasures out and get rid of some junk! But really, some people seem to have forgotten that garage sale prices are supposed to be low – isn’t that the idea? Oh well, after the sale the next day, I spied some good stuff left out for the trash man . . . or passers-by (like moi) – more on that later!

11 comments:

Jodee Leader said...

It looks like you had a fun May Day! The weather was perfect! I love the popcorn bags too! I will be placing my order soon for our birthday parties and Camp Kitaki! They are so handy dandy!

Kim said...

I love May Day! I love the popcorn bags, what a great idea. Make we want to head to Colby Ridge!

We weren't home this weekend so we didn't do baskets for the kids but I made some fun ones for my friends.

Have a great week!

Missy said...

How fun for you guys!!! Love the bags of popcorn! Maddy is so precious. Our May Day is one that will go down in history. TN. is under water :(

Bridget said...

Happy belated May Day!!! I just love the month of May - it is my favorite month of the year! Such a cute May Day tradtion you have. Looks and sounds like you and Maddy had a ball! What a fun thing to do! Hope you guys are enjoying some nice spring weather!

~Bridget

Gail said...

What a wonderful first of May tradition Janet! Love the popcorn bag idea...will have to remember that one. I remember celebrating May Day as a child, filling little baskets and bringing them to neighbors too. :)

Have a wonderful week!

Deb said...

Belated Happy May Day to you! Sure looks like fun! Can't wait to hear about the left over garage sale finds!

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

What a fun tradition!!!! I love it!!!! We had never celebrated May Day!!! It looks like so much fun!!!

Unknown said...

I feel like such a nut because I didn't even know that there was a special may day tradition. What a fun gift to leave : ) She is SO cute.

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

that is adorable. I had no idea about May Day celebrations.

and, those pictures with the chicks are so sweet.

Lea
xo

Tutus and Choo-Choos said...

Maddy looks like she had a great time! Popcorn for May Day is a big thing in our neighborhood. This year my kids did a juice pouch, smarties candies and sour gummy lifesavers in their hand-outs. They love to ring and run!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Oh it looks like you had a fabulous May Day!! I love the prepackaged popcorn.....such a cute little treat...hand delivered by a beautiful little girl:)

Can't wait to see the little "treasures" that you picked up:)

Have a wonderful week~

Lisa