Friday, May 20, 2011

It's a Zoo!



We have a membership at our local little zoo -- it's a fabulous place and just the right size. It doesn't take All. Day. Long. to get through like some zoos. And bonus, since we have a membership, we pop in and out whenever we feel like it. I love that, don't you!






[The peacock was hiding -- some cranky, wild children were chasing him!]


Our zoo closes for the winter and just opened up last month. Miss Maddy and I visited for the second time on Mother's Day - and enjoyed a free train ride! I like anything that's free -- well, that's not exactly true. I could have had a free ice cream cone, but their ice cream tastes really weird, so we opted to not get that. Plus, it was very warm and I guess Maddy and I are a little fussy --we don't like melting ice cream that tastes weird, even if it's free.


Anyway, we did get to see the new penguins swimming around. Are they the cutest or what?? They are warm weather penguins. If I was a penguin, I would definitely be a warm weather one too -- who wants to be freezing all the time???






We loved seeing this adorable little colt -- Maddy thinks she is just about too big for pony rides. She loved them so much when she was smaller and she always had a pony ride.





Everyone who visits our zoo meets "Leo the Lion" -- he's a trash-eating lion!

So cute -- he's been around forever and tells everyone to feed him some trash!




We love our zoo!!

7 comments:

Laurie said...

I love your zoo too...it's one of the many reasons I'd love to live in Nebraska!! :)

Jill and Rick said...

We have a membership to our nice little zoo too and really enjoy our visits, as short or long as we choose! We don't have penguins though - how cute!

Casey said...

Fun!! I love her top too... wish I had one for myself. lol.

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

aw, love the penguins!

lea
xo

Musings from Kim K. said...

Our zoo closes for the winter too and we haven't made it since it reopened. Your post is reminding me to get the zoo on our schedule. Darling pics.

Jodee said...

It looks like you had loads of fun at the zoo. Kamree has been asking to go for weeks so I guess today is the day! I can't believe you don't like the ice cream!

Hooray for the sunshine this morning! We will take it!

Alyson and Ford said...

We have a rather large zoo that stays open year round yet haven't taken AA to it! We are so lame and now it is getting way too hot! It's a must on the next "coolish" day!
Looks like you have great fun!
Alyzabeth's Mommy