Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend Update!


Do tell, how was your long Thanksgiving weekend??


Maddy
I think it is surely the mark of a great holiday
break if I get to take a nap every single day! 
Some were only catnaps -- but a nap is a nap is a nap, right!
 
Wow -- can I say that I outdid myself and
 give myself a big ol' pat on the back?!!
 
First, let me say that I am not the best cook AND I am not
always the best at timing dishes so everything is ready and
 warm-ish at the right time, but this year, I rocked it!



Connor
 
Oh yes I did!
 
The turkey was a fresh brined one from Trader Joe's and turned out fabulous --
it looked even better than it tasted and seriously,
 how often does that happen??


Grandson Walt
And the sides -- can I tell you about the side dishes?
Lisa's Mashed Potato casserole was incredibly yummy as always.
If I could have only one side dish -- it would be those mashed potatoes!
 
Mrs. Peppperidge Farm helped my stuffing this year -
huge improvement over the incredibly dry cornbread stuff I attempted last year. 
A corn cake casserole was a big hit with all --
even Maddy the non-veggie eater liked it!

Granddaughter Janie & Nemo

Hubby's requested green bean casserole was
evidently delish (I don't eat that stuff, ever).
My daughter-in-law brought the best Mock Thunderbird salad --
 not sure what the mock is about --
it's definitely mocking my diet! 
What's not to love about a salad with both bacon and mayo in it?
Probably not on the Biggest Loser meal plan but extremely delish!! 
Add dinner rolls and wine and it was a real meal and . . .
get this -- it was all ready at the same time!
Catherine, Walt, Philip & Janie
 
Pumpkin pie and a
Chocolate and Vanilla Flourless Cake
(aka chocolate marble cheesecake) made appearances too. 
Oh yes, and then a food coma ensued
-- hence the naps! :)


 
Thanksgiving -- the family, the food, the fun
so much to be thankful for -- it was a fabulous holiday! 
We missed those who couldn't be with us this year.
 
 

9 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Sounds like the perfect yummy weekend.

Courtney said...

Sounds like a fabulous meal. The pictures of the grandkids are adorable. I have one question, what is Thunderbird Salad, I have never heard of that?

Laurie said...

Sounds like a perfect, and very yummy Thanksgiving. I would love a recipe for the corn dish you had. I want to make one next year! LOVED all the pics too!!

likeschocolate said...

You are making me hungry!

Lori said...

Sounds PERFECT to me!!!:)))

Jodee said...

Holy smokes! I am sooo impressed! You really did rock Thanksgiving this year! Way to go! Cute pictures of the fam!

3 Peanuts said...

Sounds like a GREAT Thanksgiving and all the food sounds fabulous...glad the timing all worked out...that can be hard to Thanksgiving or big holidays.

Love that first shot of Maddy.

melissa said...

So glad that you and your family had a nice Thanksgiving. The foods all sounds delish!!

Lisa said...

sounds yummy! the grandkids got so big. a beautiful family