Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Some Things Don't Change.

So  many things have changed about
my sweet Maddy in the last year.

April, 2012
She's gotten taller -- after fitting into size 7 jeans for two years,
 some are now finally almost too short for her! 
Remember, she just turned 11 -
maybe she'll be in size 10 or 12 by the time she's 14??

She grew her hair out last year.


Thick, long and beautiful
and also tangled at times with
tear-inducing comb-outs, so
it was off to the hairdresser for a major trim recently
She loves the change and so do I!

Luckily, she is, in many ways,
a very young 11.
That makes me happy --
too many kids grow up way too fast these days.

The number of the year may change.
 
  Her haircut may change.


 but . . .
 
Her love for Mickey never changes!

January, 2013


10 comments:

Love Letters To China said...

She is so beautiful! Love her new haircut. :-) I think it's wonderful she is growing up slowly. There's nothing wrong with that. I pray my girl doesn't rush through these years. Natalie still loves AG dolls & Barbies. Puts a smile on my face when she's playing with them. That's the way it should be.

xo

paige said...

so fun to watch her grow up!!

Laurie said...

LOVE Maddy's new hair cut! So cute! I'm trying to get Allison to go back to a short bob. So far, not happening.

Gail said...

I think being a little young for your age is just fine(Grace is too for age 10). Maddy gets prettier and prettier!!

Tutus and Choo-Choos said...

I also LOVED Mickey while growing up! Be glad that Maddy can still wear girls size clothes because it definitely is more expensive when they move up to juniors. I love to watch Maddy growing up in your posts. She is a beautiful little girl.

Jodee said...

Love Maddy's new do! She is looking soooo grown up! Boo hoo!

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

definitely a beauty!

lea
xo

Lisa said...

I love that she is a young 11. They don't need to grow up any faster than they do

Michelle said...

She is beautiful!

Lori said...

She's precious!