Friday, May 31, 2013

First Day of Summer Vacation

Lucky me --
I had the first day of Maddy's summer vacation off work! 
It was special and sweet and someone
who usually is a little hard to wake up for school was up earlier than ever . . .
on our day off! 
How does that happen?
 
 
So, as we do almost every year, we made a visit to our local zoo. 
We had been there earlier on opening day in April,
but not all the animals had made it back then.
 
 
Even the dwarf crocs were back and usually they wait until warmer weather! 
 They were a tad bit chilly though and were crowded together in one corner snuggling. 
 Who knew that crocs snuggle??
  I'm not sure why,
but Maddy and I LOVE those crocodiles! :) 
Weird, I know.
 

 
In July, Maddy is enrolled in a Jr. Zookeeper class -- she can hardly wait! 
Wish they had a class like that for people my age!  :) 
Wait, it might be called Sr. Zookeeper and I don't really like that title,
 do you!
 
I'm sure we will be back many more times and
will coax a smile out of the crocs!
And ride the train again!
 

First train ride of the season in April, 2013!
 

5 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

How fun for Maddy to be enrolled in junior zoo keeper classes. A trip to the zoo...what a great way to officially kick off summer vacation!

Tutus and Choo-Choos said...

What a great way to kick off summer vacation, but a trip to the zoo! Have a great summer!

Courtney said...

What a fun day spent together. It is amazing how quickly I wake up when I don't have to set an alarm.

Jodee said...

It looks like you had a great day at the zoo! Cute pictures!

Hope you have a fun and relaxing weekend!

Gail said...

Jr. Zoo Keeper classes sound amazing, how fun! Hope your Summer is the best ever, we get out of school on Friday here.