Tuesday, November 19, 2013

5 Things I Learned about Improv

When I last left you, Mr. Tennis and I were preparing to attend
Jim Belushi and the Chicago Board of Comedy show.
What I didn't realize when I bought the tickets was that
it was an improv show. 
 I thought it was stand-up comedy.
You know, tell a joke, get a laugh,
 ha ha ha!
Loved this when I wore it a couple years ago at our holiday party.
Wish I had been drinking before the improv!
 
So, here are 5 things I learned about improv that evening!
 
5.  Sit in the front row and you may be called upon!
 
4.  Wear a cute (?) faux fur vest and your chances of being called
upon increase exponentially!
 
3.  Speak in your very best Midwest twang and
your chances of being ridiculed increase even more!
 
2.  Do not attempt to make a joke. 
  (the only jokes that should be  made are by the comedians . . .
so say the comedians!).
 
1.  I don't like improv!
HA HA HA!
 
What a riot it was!
 
Seriously, parts of it funny -- I laughed hysterically
when they made fun of me
(inside I was dying though).
 
So, the lesson I learned was . . .
read the fine print -- if it says "improv"
don't buy those tickets! 

7 comments:

Tutus and Choo-Choos said...

Oh no! Glad you could laugh through it though.

Jodee said...

You poor thing! That sounds so painful! You were certainly a better sport than I would have been. Love the fur vest too!

Laurie said...

Seriously wish you had some video of that- I would have died right on stage! Sounds like you got through it AND had a sense of humor!

starnes family said...

OMG. You're brave!

LOVE the vest!

Musings from Kim K. said...

You are definitely a brave soul. I'm such a chicken. I would have been hiding in the back row. I wish we had video to witness your improv. HUGS!!

Lisa said...

where's the video??? ;)

Lisa said...

where's the video??? ;)