Thursday, December 18, 2014

Christmas Tree Decorating 101

Oh dear -- why, oh why am I not one of those 
super-organized
people with gifts purchased and wrapped,
house cleaned and decorated??



But, let's just accept it, stop 
beating myself up
and have a few more Hershey kisses while I ponder that,
shall we??? :)


We finally got our tree up and mostly decorated!
Here's my extremely valid excuse!
Last April/May when we had the floors done,
the guys had to jackhammer out the
concrete subfloor!
A ton of that concrete dust and debris
floated down to the storage room below, covering
everything in a very thick layer of 
yucky, icky-sticky dust, bits of concrete, etc!
So, unless everything was totally covered (and it wasn't)
that crud got everywhere and messed up my decorations!
A lot of garland and wreaths had to be tossed -- there's no
way without the hose (and it's too cold for that)
to get that dust out!


So, this year, we went for a different look on the mantle!
Can you say white feather boas??
So floaty and soft -- Maddy says it reminds her of snow
(yes, she's praying for snow and lots of it!)!


Maddy and I love it and, after all, our opinions count the most!
We still have few a few more things to pull out and dust off.
One of these days
(maybe Dec. 24th), we'll be ready!  :)



Fa
 LaLaLaLa
LaLaLaLa!

7 comments:

Jodee Leader said...

I completely feel your pain! I am more and more unorganized every passing year! There is simply not enough time in the day!

Your tree is sooo cute and I especially love your fireplace and your funky stockings! So cute! You gals did a great job!

Tutus and Choo-Choos said...

You still have time! Sometimes less is more when decorating.

likeschocolate said...

She is getting so big! Merry Christmas!

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

looking great!

lea
xo

Musings from Kim K. said...

We're praying for lots of snow too! Looking fabulous. Sorry about all the dust. You both did a great job and the feather boas are the perfect touch!

starnes family said...

I agree. Not enough time. Ever!

Lisa said...

beautiful! I love the tree and the mantel!