Monday, February 23, 2015

Hello Monday Again!

Well, hello Monday again!
Somehow Mondays sneak up on me 
and I'm never quite ready to
give up the weekend, are you?

It's been extremely chilly lately -- 
where are our normal halfway warm February temps?

Maddy in my alma mater sweatshirt - Bradley University!
Maddy and I spent the weekend running errands,
shopping at Target,
walking the pup, 
and throwing out clutter.

Plus -- I cooked! 
 Yes, I made an incredibly delish
slow cooker bbq chicken!
While the bbq chicken is probably easy-peasy for
most of you, I'm the first to admit
that cooking is not my strong suit - 
I need easy, very easy,
and it was that and very yummy!
Yay me!


Speaking of cooking, 
last weekend when I was with the littles,
I introduced them to the Pioneer Woman shows
on Netflix.  Janie and I oohed and aaahed
over the dishes she made.
How does Ree make it look so easy?
Aha, Janie reportedly was taking notes!
The other day she made herself a little snack - 
some chocolate hearts layered on tostitos!
She told her Dad she learned about it on Pioneer Woman!
Smart girl -- always pay attention when chocolate is involved
 (though I do not recall that specific recipe).

Marble cheesecake!

This week we are hoping for warmer temps,
looking forward to celebrating a birthday
and a day and half off school for Mads due
to school conferences.
Love a day off, don't you! 



5 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Good morning!
Your sandwich looks amazing!
I love my crock pot, and use it at least once a week. : )
Have a great day, my new friend!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Yummy!! I can't wait to get home later and cook. Skipped lunch at work and it's snowing like crazy again outside. Your meals look delicious! Stay warm!

Jodee said...

Wow! I am sooo impressed! My boys would love that sandwich!

Love, love, love the Pioneer Woman and I have no idea how she makes everything look so easy and effortless too! I am so glad that Janie took good notes.

Maybe we can meet at the movies one of these cold and snowy weekends!

Kelli said...

I don't understand who. I days come around so quickly each week either. :)
I love the pioneer woman. We take it each week and now Juliana loves her as much as I do.
Have a great week!

Lisa said...

yum!!