Monday, July 25, 2016

Happy Birthday Mr. Tennis!

Mr. Tennis (aka The Hubs) had a birthday recently!
So did I, but I prefer not to count my birthdays 
and if I don't celebrate on my actual birthdate,
I don't have to add a year!
Yes, that is how I am actually getting younger every year . . . 
that and botox!!!
[Ha ha - just kidding -- haven't had botox in years!
I do really love it though it's a splurge!]


He requested chocolate cake with 
chocolate frosting for his birthday!
Call me Betty -- I whipped that right up and
made a chocolate ganache frosting -- just
like the Barefoot Contessa and Pioneer Woman make!
My cookbook will be coming out soon -- (working title "Jboo Cooks??")
-- everything in it 
will have some type of chocolate ingredient!


Oooooh -- chocolate on chocolate = perfection!
Yes, well it was almost perfect until I slopped some
chocolate on my white top! 
Boo hoo - sadly that stain didn't come out -
but the ganache was so beautiful and delish, it was worth the sacrifice!

Besides playing tennis (hence the name Mr. Tennis),
he likes to ride his horse and do a bit of
golfing too.
Somewhere he fits in working! :)
While Miss M and I were at the pool recently,
he had some fun golfing.
Am afraid a golf cart may be on his b-day list next year!


Happy Birthday Mr. Tennis!
You're not getting older (yes you are)
you're getting better! :)
Happy Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

Jill said...

Happy birthday to your husband a.k.a "Mr. Tennis" ;-) That cake looks delicious!! Have a wonderful evening!

Blessings
Jill

Billie Jo said...

Happy Birthday to your husband!!!!!
And what an awesome cake!!!!

Jen Kershner said...

Happy day to your guy! Sounds like he knows how to enjoy his free time!

Laurie said...

Glad the hubs had a fun b-day! Your cake sounds delicious- I see a cooking show in your future! :)

Jodee Leader said...

Wow! What a fun birthday! I would love a piece of that cake right now!