Thursday, January 19, 2017

Yippee Skippee TGIT/TGIF! What Happened to My Eyebrows???

TGIT/TGIF!
Has this felt like a really LONG week
in a really LONG month to you too?

Icy!!
At the beginning of the week, we had that crazy ice storm to contend with 
and if you know me at all, you
know I was awake worrying
about driving at least 2 or 3 nights
in the past week!
Yes, I am that neurotic person who
drives about 10 mph when it's icy out!
Thank heavens the ice has melted . . . for now!

The ice on the trees was sooo pretty as it melted!
With high school back in session for a couple weeks now,
Miss M is deep into homework
and cheerleading as the
cheerleaders are getting ready 
for a state competition in February.
So, if the poor girl isn't doing homework, she's
either getting up early (6 am practices 2x a week)
or staying up late (sometime 8-9:30 pm practices).
The struggle is real people!

Even Muffy has better eyebrows than me!
In other fun(ny) news, I had my eyebrows dyed the other day.
Have you ever done that?
I have done it before and now I remember why I didn't do it more often!
Yes, my eyebrows took on a life of their own!
Looked a bit like someone drew them on with thick brown crayons!!!!!!!
AAACK!!
Maddy could hardly keep from laughing as we left the salon!
Mr. Tennis looked at me all night long like I was possessed!
Later, Maddy said they looked fine -- just reminded her of a walrus!
WTH!?!!!!
Now, after a couple days, I believe there has been much
improvement and they don't look so brown Crayola-ish or thick!

Hmmm- what maintenance procedure should I try next?
Would love some eyelash extensions (have also tried those), but
they are pricey and take a LOT of maintenance to keep up!
Guess I had a case of the saggy baggy blues and needed a change. 
Maybe next time I'll
book a flight somewhere warm!
Learn from me and just buy a good eyebrow pencil!
Happy weekend!




4 comments:

Laurie said...

I am ROLLING over your eyebrow adventures. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing, but I have NEVER TOUCHED my eyebrows with anything- ever. No tweezing, dying, plucking, penciling. NOTHING. So either I got lucky with eyebrows, or people who see me daily are thinking- man, I wish that lady would do something about those eyebrows! And yes, this month is dragging on like some kind of sloth- or walrus, whichever- ha!!!

Preppy Empty Nester said...

I have my eye brows dyed with the same color that my hair is done. I have a lot of grey. It works great and not too dark. It just doesn't last too long! 😞

Lisa said...

no pics??? My mom dyes her eye brows to cover the grey. looks so much better. wanting my husband t dye his beard!

Jodee said...

Oh my word! I'm cracking up too! However, they weren't that bad. In fact, your bangs covered most of your brows! Botox next?!