Friday, February 23, 2018

The Weather in Nebraska

I haven't really chatted with you about the weather
very much this winter, have I???

After learning that our very own Nebraska groundhog
predicted an early spring, I've been eagerly awaiting
sunny skies and warm temps!
I've been sorely disappointed! :( 


Usually in February, we have some really warm (for February) days. 
Not this year!
We've had frigid temps and more snow this month
than we've had the entire winter season!
AND -- even worse --- more ice!!

We had at least 2 inches of ice last night on top of 3 inches of snow!
The side streets are like a lovely, chunky ice rink and very slippery!

Guess what -- more snow is predicted 
for Saturday afternoon and evening!

I am not so patiently waiting for spring -- 
hope the weather is better where you live!

It's going to be a while yet before we see daffodils but we are
keeping the hope alive!




7 comments:

Billie Jo said...

We here in Pennsylvania had a seventy degree day this week and an ice storm followed by rain two days later!
And unfortunately, March is sometimes the worst month for snow!
Have a cozy evening. : )

Jennie said...

Oh my! Here in North Carolina, the tulips are a'blooming everywhere! No icy weather in the forecast. And T-shirts and shorts weather.

Jen Kershner said...

The weather this winter has been so crazy and this time of year the need for spring becomes so strong. I do hope you see it soon. Our 10 day forecast in Indiana looks quite promising. I hope some of that lands in Nebraska.

Laurie said...

I has been a weird weather month for sure- one day I'm slipping on the ice and the next day I'm sweating. Today it's going to be in the 70's- at the end of February! But the sun is out and the birds are chirping, so I'm going to enjoy it while it's here. :) Spring is on the way- I promise! :)

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Hopefully, things have warmed up since you wrote your last post. If not, stay warm!!

Jodee said...

I agree! Our weather sucks! Hurry up, spring!

Lisa said...

we got snow today. grrrr