Thursday, May 17, 2018

Another Milestone - Driving!!

We hit another milestone recently!
Maddie got her driver's license and is driving back
and forth to school . . .
all by herself!!

Her first car - handed down from her brothers.
Oh my word - that first day she left home to 
drive to school, I wanted to jump in the car
and follow her to make sure she got there ok.
Actually, I wanted Mr. Tennis to drive in front of her 
and me behind her to provide a somewhat
protective bubble of safety!
Every day, I say a prayer to keep her safe as she drives away.


After school on that first day (well, every day to tell the truth),
I wait outside in front of the house to see her driving 
up our street. 
 The first day it seemed that her
drive home was taking longer than I thought it would.
I was checking my watch and iPhone for any messages and
then I saw the Big Red Jeep headed down our street.
She had stopped at Scooter's to buy a celebratory Frap!  :)

2015 Jeep Patriot
Yes, she is driving the Big Red Jeep (we love that car)
and I'm driving a new/used Jeep Patriot.
Love the Jeep brand.  I tried a few others,
but felt most comfortable in a jeep!
She's doing great!
Happy Driving!




4 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Congratulations to your girl!!!!
So exciting!
And nerve-racking!
I remember when Madison drove herself to work first time.
I stood and watched her go and prayed Hail Mary over and over until she texted me that she was there. : )

Laurie said...

She is SO cute! That is all!

Lisa said...

So cute but sooo terrifying!!

Jodee said...

Way to go, Maddie! She must love her new independence and Scooter’s runs!🚘🚘🚘