Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Quick Update

Greetings all!
How in the world did it already get to be the middle of June???
I want the summer to slow down already and
let me get some blog posts done!
Yes, I am always behind lately  :)


So, when I last left you . . . Maddie had just
finished school for the summer!
Since the upcoming seniors have to complete
36 hours of volunteer/senior hours  - she's been
focused on getting those completed during the summer!
Yay Maddie!

She's working at the uniform shop at school!
Oh my word, it's a huge undertaking and I have
no idea how the woman doing it gets it done
every year!
Try folding and fitting 5,000 polo shirts in a very small space!!
That doesn't even include the sweatshirts, shorts, pants or skirts.

In other news, we took a quick trip to our favorite place . . .
the happiest place on earth!
We were greeted there with 98 degree temps
and the heat index of 106 nearly every day!
Oh my Lord - that is hot!
BUT . . . it didn't stop us from
getting to the parks, going on rides,
meeting characters and even some swim time.
It was fabulous. 
I will try to update with some photos!


So, that's my short update.
What's happening with you?

5 comments:

Laurie said...

I love how you took off for Disney what seemed like the DAY after school got out! No time to waste- summer should start with a vacation!! I had to shop at one of the uniform stores for Aaron's choir outfit, and OH MY GOSH, it was crazy!!! Especially over the summer when everyone is changing sizes and buying new clothes. Way to go, Maddy! Get that stuff over with so you can have a fun senior year! :)

Jodee said...

Way to kick off the summer with a vacation! Love the Disney pictures!

Billie Jo said...

Never stop posting Disney pictures, my friend!
I love it there so!!!!
Our next trip is over a year away, and I am ready!
Happy summer. : )

Jen Kershner said...

While I'm itching to get to Disney I do not envy you that weather! I cannot get over that she will be a senior!

Lisa said...

how did your hair do in disney??? =)