Friday, November 22, 2019

Our Early Non-Traditional Thanksgiving Feast

Happy Almost Thanksgiving!

We had an early celebration last weekend since my son, 
Philip, and his family are busy on Thanksgiving.
We don't really care for turkey -- I know -- sacrilege on Thanksgiving, right?!
But . . . we love the sides like stuffing, mashed potatoes
 (thanks Lisa K for the recipe many years ago), 
fruit salad, jello, dinner rolls, pie and fudge.
Yes, fudge is Thanksgiving food!!!
So, I called it our Non-Traditional Thanksgiving feast!
We had chicken strips, mashed potatoes, salad (fruit and green)
strawberry jello, pie and a first for us on Thanksgiving --
chicken enchiladas!
Oh my word, those enchiladas were SOOOOO delish!
I patted myself on the back for days about how good they were!

The original Boucher clan
Since we also have Miss Frannie Doodle now, the kids
ate fast and ran outside to play with her!
Bingo -- kept the pup and the kids busy!
I also baked some carrot cake muffins (from scratch, no less)
and they were not good - awful -- blech!
 In fact, I tore the recipe up
and threw it away. 
Definitely should have stuck with brownies!

Pappa Rickster and the youngest -- Gloria
I'm not sure what the Rickster, Connor, Maddie and I
will have on the real Thanksgiving, but again,
it won't be turkey!

8 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Sounds delicious!
Really!
And don't you hate when you spend time making a new recipe and it is bad???
I did that with some cranberry orange muffins.
They literally had no flavor!
LOL

Laurie said...

A family who doesn't like turkey.... I guess we can still be friends. Ha! I'm glad you made something extra delicious to eat in its place- YUMMY!!! You can't go wrong with Mexican food! LOVED the original B picture- what a beautiful family!!! It's weird for me to think about you raising two boys before Maddie came along. I always think of you just as a girl mom. :)

Lisa said...

It all sounds yummy. We made the potato casserole this year too!

Unknown said...

It looks like you had a fun non-traditional Thanksgiving! I would trade turkey for enchiladas any day! Yum! I love the family picture with Frannie Doodle!

Jodee

Rohit Singh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
playbajar said...

that will help keep you going for long periods of time. They are also very inexpensive, and will fill you up quickly. Beans can be used in so many different ways, and can be used in many meals.
satta king
play bazaar

Unknown said...

To assist you to lose weight, it is helpful to have an exercise buddy; someone who can keep your company and keep you on track. Not only is having a buddy great for accountability, but it can also make it easier to do activities that you would not want to try alone, like going to a challenging new class at the gym.
satta king
play bazaar


sattabazzar said...

Continuously recall that the nature of your blog is absolutely critical. In the event that you don't have amazing quality substance, at that point your perusers won't return for additional from you. You have to give your watcher base amazing articles that make them need increasingly more from you.
satta king
play bazaar