Tuesday, January 18, 2022

This and That and Weird Stuff

I've noticed some weird things in the news lately and figured I'd share in case you might have missed it.
Do you have droopy eyelashes?? Well, I definitely do. I think it's part (or mostly) age-related. I will admit I have had eyelash extensions on occasion. Good grief -- the last time, the stylist made them SO LONG and BIG that I looked like a freak!! Plus, the maintenance is insane -- like go in every 2 weeks!!! No thank you. So, I found a different remedy. Maddie goes to an esthetician who does eyelash lifts. Maddie's eyelashes are long- but very straight. So, her eyelashes basically get a perm! Remember perms??? Remember the smell of perms??? Yep -- same. It seemed to be working well for Maddie, so I tried it too. It really has helped and I think it makes me look younger (yay for anything that does that) and more awake! The lift can only be done every 6-7 weeks. It does seem like after about 4 weeks, the lashes are starting to fall again. M and I searched and found a solution -- a heated eyelash curler! Of course, it's available on Ama*zon. OOOOH -- I kind of love it! I think it helps my lashes and the heat on my eyelashes feels weirdly good! Move over hot rollers (yes, I use hot rollers to tame my frizzy hair) - hot eyelash curlers are joining the group!
One of the strangest things I saw on FB recently was when someone asked the question -- "where can I get my little pal cremated?" It was a hedgehog! Most responders were thoughtful and said to check with vet's office or the Humane Society. The first answer that popped up was a photo of a grill! UGH!
Maddie heads back to college on Sunday. It's been a nice long break and SO wonderful to have her home. I'm going to miss that cutie! Stay tuned. Pinky promise to keep the blog updated more this year!

1 comment:

Billie Jo said...

Best wishes to your lovely girl as she heads back to school.And yes! Please keep posting! I love visiting!