Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Man's Best Friend

Hey, whoever said that a dog is man's best friend? I'm here to tell you that a dog is certainly not the Hub's best friend!! Yeah, yeah, of course, I'm his best friend, but he has another really good friend and it's with him nearly 24/7. Can you guess what it is? It's his Bed Buddy (BB)! It absolutely cures what ails him . . . well, not really, but it does help. When his back/hip/knee bothers him (and generally, at least one bothers him daily), his BB is there to ease the pain. Plus, it keeps him warm and toasty on those really cold mornings when he shuffles out to the hot tub (another really good friend)! The only problem with BB is that BB needs a microwave fix periodically to work most effectively. And going downstairs to the kitchen in the middle of the night is not much fun. So, guess what has moved to the second floor of our house (the bedroom level)? Bingo -- a microwave! I awoke a couple nights ago to hear repeated "ding ding ding. . . " I wondered, was the smoke alarm going off? Was a cell phone going off? Was it time to get up already? Nope, nope and nope. It was the new microwave warming up BB! I kind of wish BB came armed with some sleeping pills to help me get back to sleep! But, if BB can help the Hub put off knee and/or hip replacement for awhile, I'm all for it. I just wish we had some type of silencer for that microwave!


2 comments:

Jodee said...

Too funny! I hope Mr. Tennis is feeling better soon, especially with the upcoming wedding just around the corner!

Bridget said...

Funny - but I must say I used to love the BB. I lost it during our last move and have yet to buy a new one. When I do though I will keep the microwave in the kitchen:)