-During Rick’s recovery from the hip replacement, she has offered, almost every day, to stay home and take care of him – so sweet! Of course, that basically means that she will watch movies (her choice - Disney, of course) with him all day long and get him whatever he needs, especially snacks!
- This week at school, it was "C" week. She told me the other day that she wished her sister was here. Duh me – I said, "what sister is that?" She replied, "Catherine [oldest son’s wife], because if she lived here, I’d take her to school for C week!" So, instead of taking Catherine, she took her newest Webkinz, a Chipmunk.
- Last year, whenever she talked about her school principal, she called him "Mr. Ice-creamavera." His name is actually a word that sounds like that and is an Italian dish that comes after the word "Pasta" – so she was really close.
- One of the nuns at school is named Sister Theresa. Rick also has a sister named Theresa. Maddy came home one day and said that she talked to Dad’s sister. We were stymied and could not figure out what she was talking about because neither of his sisters live here. We finally figured out that she meant Sister Theresa. Whenever we talk about his sister, we would say something like, Dad’s sister, Theresa. So, she thought that meant Sister Theresa was his sister. Did you follow that??
- She thinks it is not very fair that my parents are retired and get to stay home every day! When does SHE get to retire?
- Nearly every night after she goes to bed, she sneaks into my room and puts a stuffed animal on my pillow for me! And she always leaves a stuffed animal in the car to keep me company on my drive to work after I drop her off at school.
And this is one of my favorite older photos of her -- she was about 3 1/2 years old then - what a little sweetie!