So hard to believe that the summer is coming to an end and it's nearly time for fall. Labor Day will be here soon!
But, where IS the cool weather?? The heat and humidity are back. If you didn't already feel it, you could tell by looking at my hair -it's big and getting bigger! Why, oh why am I cursed with curly/frizzy hair???
But before the cool weather gets here, and I know it's coming because the acorns are dropping like tiny bombshells in the front yard (and before I forget - yes, memories do decline with age!), I wanted to list some of Maddy's accomplishments for the summer:
- Bike- riding -- Woot! This was such a huge accomplishment. Finally -- this was the year!
- Swimming -- Swimming better and jumping off the diving board like she's done it all her life. No worries, no fears (except for mine, of course).
- Cartwheels -- A summer gymnastics class paid off -- she loves doing cartwheels!
- Independent -- Maddy is becoming more independent and willing to try things and go places without moi there to urge her on.
- Empathetic -- Maddy's been so incredibly sweet and loving as my Mom goes through this battle with cancer and chemo. I know that she is a bright spot for her when we visit. She doesn't mind that we often sit around and chat and don't anything special, go shopping or to Build-a-Bear*.
- Helpful -- More helpful around the house with picking up the stuffed animals. Of course, I did tell her that there is a "Toy Fairy" that comes around at night and takes toys that have not been put away.
- Determined -- She is one determined girl and still lobbying for a dog. Definitely showing us what a good job she would do taking care of one. Last Sunday, she made sure we followed up on our promise to give Grandma's dog a bath. Latest negotiations have resulted in a tentative agreement for a dog in two years -- when she's 9-1/2!
- All in all, a very successful summer! And because I can't do a post without a photo, here's another one from Hilton Head where I captured her doing one of her many dance moves.