Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dumpster Diving or Trash to Treasure?



No, I really didn't dive into a dumpster!
Silly -- that would mess up my already-frizzy hair, wouldn't it!?

On the way home from a run [What? You didn't know I've taken up running?? More walking than running really, but it still counts!], I saw this great window with lovely leaded glass, some broken, of course, and the frame is kind of wonky, but it just called out to me.

Since it was in the trash lane, I figured it needed a new home, and if I didn't nab it, someone else would. Mr. Tennis was only slightly surprised to see me carting home this big honking broken-up window, but even he appreciated its beauty!


Now, I'm not sure what to do with it . . . well, except to fix the glass, re-caulk it, sturdy up the frame a bit somehow and paint it. Please feel free to offer any and all advice. After it magically becomes a treasure, it may take up residence on our screened-in porch. Stay tuned!

What do you think? Trash? Or Treasure?

14 comments:

Kate said...

Treasure!!! You totally scored jan! WTG!!! See??? All that walking finally paid off!! :-)

Tutus and Choo-Choos said...

Treasure definitely!!! What a great find!

Gail said...

Totally Treasure!!!! you can do all kinds of things with this...paint the wood if you like, get a new chain and hang it somewhere you like. awsome find...

Lisa said...

definitely treasure!!

maggie said...

Treasure ! It is not always easy for people to have a great finding .

3 Peanuts said...

TREASURE....DEFINITELTY treasure!!!!

Wanda said...

Yup....it's treasure. Can't wait to see it all done up. (Now you have to do and post a picture.)

Jodee said...

Wow! You hit the jackpot! I can't wait to see what you do with it!

Hope you are having a great time with the Mouse! I miss you like crazy cakes! Work is a snoozefest without you!

Anonymous said...

uh, TREASURE!!
For some inspiration, visit my blog at www.flippinfactory.wordpress.com

T. Rivera

paige said...

treasure for sure
& i have absolutely not one tip or word of advice...so sorry
but i can't wait to see what you do with it!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I am with everyone else....total treasure:) I can't wait to see what you do with it!!!

Enjoy your weekend!

Lisa

Bridget said...

Treasure for sure!!! I love it! You crack me up - sounds like something I would bring home from a walk/run! Hope you guys have a great weekend!

~Bridget

Kim said...

TREASURE for sure! I would wax it instead of painting it....LOVE IT!!!

Kim

Kim said...

Luck you! I can't wait to see how you fix it up!