Monday, May 17, 2010

Is Big Hair In Again?


Just wondering about "big hair" because we went to Florida for a few days and my hair got really big! No kidding --it probably weighed 10 pounds! Oh my word -- hot, humid Florida!!

My hair has a tendency to absorb water and humidity like a big giant sponge!

So, I went for a run each morning (yay me, right!) at 7 am while the humidity and dew was very heavy. By the time I got back to the room to a sleeping Mr. Tennis and Little Princess, the big giant sponge had exploded into a giant frizz-bomb! Holy cats -- it even scared me!!

No way was my flat-iron up to the task of straightening and de-frizzing that mess! After a day or two of fighting the big hair, I decided to forget about it and just put a hat on! That helped somewhat, but then I had the problem of "hat head." OY!!! Will my hair woes never end??



(Patiently waiting at the airport for our next flight.
Yes, that big Mickey tagged along!)

Anyhoo, day one of our travels. Look how bright-eyed the Little Miss looks -- she and Mickey were ready! Ok, I admit it, I made our airline reservations a tad bit on the early side, resulting in me getting up at 4 am to get ready. I let Mr. Tennis and Maddy sleep until 4:45 and then we headed out of town to catch our flights. We finally got to the hotel by 3 pm. Can you guess what we did then? Nap, rest, eat? No sirree!!

Maddy and I hit the deck running and went to two different parks, spied some characters (Chip and Dale), went on some rides, shopped, snacked and returned to the hotel around 8:30 pm. I collapsed in a heap while Miss Maddy plotted the next day's adventures!



16 comments:

Love Letters To China said...

Hope you have a great time in Disney! I'm headed there on Friday for the weekend. Yes we definitely have lots of heat and humidity here in Florida. That's the main reason why I get my hair professionally straightened now. That flat iron was getting way too much of a workout around this house.

Gail said...

Sounds like lots and lots of fun...hey I seem to remember your family and mine were there last year right around this time a year ago.

And I love Mickey's glasses! ;)

Kim said...

Have a wonderful time!! Forget the hair, your on vacation and you'd look beautiful any way your hair is.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time....and yes, Miss Maddy looks very bright-eyed and ready to go full force:)

LOL at your hair......mine does the same thing!! Usually I opt for a hairband or a hat.....because it just won't stay straight!!

can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip:)

Have a great week~

Lisa

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Looks like you had a fun time!!! I have giant hair with out the humidity!!! I say big hair is in : )
I'm like a walking poster for the 80's. : )

Courtney said...

Love the hair story. Disney is so much fun, I can't wait to hear more about it.

Jodee said...

It sounds like you had a great time at Disney despite the big hair! Cute pictures of Miss Maddy!

Margaret M said...

Big hair is always in in the south!!! Have a great time at the most magical of places!

Sylvia said...

I loved the big hair of the '80s! I keep waiting for it to come back into style.

Looks like you and Maddy had a great time!

Kim and Dennis said...

I too have naturally curly(frizzy) hair and I can feel it growing on my head when it is humid out. I was so pleased to finally discover that a flat iron does work on my hair.
Our next visit to Mickey is coming up in June. Can't wait!

Casey said...

haha!! My hair is the SAME way in humidity. You really can't fight it. Sometimes I'll just try and make it curly with gel and hope it doesn't explode.

Cute, cute pictures!!! I love the one of you and Maddy. I need to take more pictures of myself with the children.

Have a great time on your vacation!

Between You and Me said...

We live in Orlando...just found my way to your blog from somewhere else...can't even remember. :)

We moved here 2 years ago...and it is HOT AND HUMID...but for abotu 7 months out the year...it's PERFECTION.

Your daughter is beautiful....our daughter, lydia, is 3 and she came to us from China.

a Tonggu Momma said...

Can't wait to hear more about your adventures... especially your adventure in HAIR. Kinda reminds me of my time in Guangzhou, only without the mouse.

Nancy Nurse said...

Great times! And memories of college as you always made me laugh when it came to your hair! It always looked good - I guess we are never happy with our own appearance ... LOL. Your blog is great - I always look forward to checking in to see how you are doing! Blessing and love to you all!

Kim said...

Good for you for exercising on vacation! Despite the Big Hair it sounds like you took it all in from the get go and had a blast.

I am taking notes because we are planning a trip next spring! I.can't.wait!

Lucy said...

Reading about your hair makes me think how much you'd love a Brazilian Blow Out. My sister is a stylist and has been raving about them!