Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Getting ready to put my apron on and start cooking!!  


Those of you who know me IRL (in real life) know that I am not the best cook on the block and my meals are not always balanced.   I mean really, is it necessary to have both a vegetable and a salad?  Shouldn't one green thing suffice????  You can bet that I always plan a dessert! 
This year -- pumpkin pie and fudge!

Last year, I had these fun dinner conversation starters I found on another blog (though am not sure which one, but thank you to whoever thought them up)!   Everyone kind of rolled their eyes at me, but I know they really enjoyed them. 




This Thanksgiving, like every other big event - and actually every single day -- I'm thinking of and missing my sweet Mum.  She made cooking up a big meal seem so easy and effortless.  Her homemade dinner rolls and cinammon rolls were always so yummy!  She made a special strawberry jello every single year -- I think because Philip loved it so much.  One year, we (my sisters and I) put together some little margaritas (of course, margaritas go with turkey!!) and my Mom even joined in and had one.  Oh.My.Word!  That was the funnest dinner ever!  Just a few sips and she was on a roll, talking up a storm and telling stories. 
Such a sweet memory.

So much to be thankful for every day. 
Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving remembering loved ones too!



3 comments:

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

enjoy. Happy Thanksgiving!

Will you shop also?

lea
xo

Football and Fried Rice said...

Thinking of you today as you are missing your Mom!!

I think you should make a blende of margaritas just for old times sake :)

Happy Turkey Day!

Jodee said...

What sweet memories you have of your Mom. I, too, think you should bust out some margaritas this weekend!

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!