Sunday, February 5, 2012

Dear Mom,

Maddy, Mom and Me -- 2009
Dear Mom,

I miss you. I think of you every day. 

I can hardly believe it's been a year now that you've been gone.   It's been a really difficult year without you. 

I miss your hugs, our daily phone conversations and hearing your calm sweet voice on the other end.  You were always the one I could go to who would listen to my joys, my worries, my problems, the big and the little things and would quietly reassure me that everything would be all right.  You were my (and all of our) biggest cheerleader. 

The whole family has been lost without you. Maddy misses you. She had a dream about you recently, but didn't want to tell me about it because she thought it would make me cry -- that did make me cry.  She loves to hear about you and the stories you told me about growing up on the farm.  She was thrilled  to learn you had a horse when you were a little girl, but sad to hear that it was hit by lightning when it took shelter under a tree during a storm!  She and I love to look at the photos of all of us in younger days.  We laugh together at our silly hairstyles, just like you and I did too.

I do feel your love surrounding me and the rest of the family.  Last week on my way to work, I glanced out the window and saw the most beautiful heart-shaped image made up of two clouds.  I felt like you sent it just for me.  And yes, that did make me cry too.

You were such a blessing in our lives.  Love you always,

janet

12 comments:

Love Letters To China said...

What a beautiful letter to your mom. I'm sending you a big hug right now. It sounds like you had an amazing relationship with her. Very much like the one I have with mine.

xo

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm wiping away tears. What a beautiful post. It's still so fresh since the passing of my MIL. I completely understand the tears and constant memories. Some days are really hard at our house. Thinking of you and sending you extra hugs!

Courtney said...

Beautifully written. Sending lots of hugs your way. She sounds like an incredible woman.

Lisa said...

beautiful. sending hugs your way. xoxoxo

3 Peanuts said...

Beautiful letter Janet. I am sure it has to be so hard. I am sure your life has an big empty spot without your Mom. Big hugs friend.

Dawn said...

Thinking of you Janet..such a sweet letter...xoxo

Jodee Leader said...

Jan -- What a sweet letter to your Mom. I know how much you miss her every single day (and especially your daily chats). Sending hugs and prayers to you today.

P.S. Love how she sent you a sign on this first anniversary of her death. It was perfect timing!

Bridget said...

Oh so sweet. I can always tell by your posts how much you miss your sweet Mom. I too love my daily chats with my Mom and all of our happy memories. I am sorry for your loss but know how lucky you are to have had such a loving mom and such a wonderful relationship! Cherish your sweet memories. Seems to me you are a lot like your Mom and you and Maddy will share the same wonderful relationship! Take care! Hope yup enjoyed your snowy weekend:)

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

Your Mom sure raised a wonderful daughter. Your sweet and caring nature is a testimony to the kind of Mom she was.

I know this year has been difficult for you. How could it not? Your Mom looked like a lovely lady.

Beautiful post Janet. Just beautiful.

lea
xo

Football and Fried Rice said...

What a precious letter to your sweet mama. I know it's hard and I'm thankful you have such great memories.

Hugs,
Sara

The Byrd's Nest said...

Big big hugs my friend:)

Nancy Nurse said...

Beautiful memories and as always wonderful to read your blogs - you should be a writer. I can't say it gets any easier, because after 6 years I still think about my mom every day and wish she was here to call and talk to. Just know she is in heaven waiting ... can't wait to see her then. You are in my prayers.