Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Snow, snow and more snow!


We had the most lovely snowstorm last weekend! 
 Kind of shocking that I would even call any snowstorm "lovely", 
 but it really did look so pretty!


Muffy had to be out in the snow!  The snow was too deep for  her and I had to shovel her a path around the backyard!

After temps in the 60s early in the week, an actual cold front came through and
brought some lots of heavy wet snow! 
Yes -- over a foot (13-15 inches, in fact) of snow fell around here.  

Mr. Tennis and I tag-teamed as the snow was too high and too heavy
for our snowblower. 
 So, I raked the top layers of snow and then he followed with the snowblower! 
 What a workout!  
Nearly every year I pat myself on the back for going ahead and getting that snowblower for Mr. Tennis, who said -- we really don't need it. 
Oh yes, we do! :)




It was very pretty, though so wet and heavy that it broke lots oftrees and resulted in power outages all over town! 
 Luckily, our power was only out for 45 minutes and since our big tree was
 already gone, it couldn't cause any damage!  That was a relief!


10 comments:

paige said...

oh my goodness, i have never seen snow like that in real life!!
it has felt like april here in georgia.
which while that's wonderful that we're not frozen, it makes me very worried what our summer will be!!

stay warm my friend!
xo

Musings from Kim K. said...

What gorgeous snow. Sorry about the tree loss though. It's been such an odd winter. Warm one day, cold the next. Snow and then grass. Makes me wonder what it's store for summer!!

Love Letters To China said...

What a beautiful snow fall you had. So hard to believe that's going on where you live. We've had such a hot winter. Our temperatures just don't want to go beneath 80 degrees during the day. It may sound wonderful, but it makes me wonder what the summer months will bring.

I'll send some warm winds up north if you pass some of those colder temps down here. ;-)

xo

Football and Fried Rice said...

Fun, beautiful fun!!!! And work too :)

Courtney said...

I'm jealous of those beautiful snow pictures. We are excited at the prospect of maybe getting an inch of snow tomorrow. This teacher is dying for a snow day!!!

Alyson and Ford said...

That is alot of SNOW! Enjoy!

Alyzabeth's Mommy

Jodee said...

That was quite the snow storm. It was sooo pretty though! Love the pictures! Hurry up, spring!

Kim said...

Great pictures! I thought is was lovely too!

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

what? So much snow!!!!

It is pretty! I agree with you.

lea
xo

The Byrd's Nest said...

I can't even imagine living somewhere with snow like that!!! It is so beautiful:) Well...I guess if you didn't have to shovel it, blow it away or drive in it:)