Thursday, August 16, 2012

Bloggy Worlds Collide!



Can you say roadtrip? 
Can you guess where to?
I don't know about you, but I have "met" and become friends
 with some of the very nicest people through blogland. 
Seriously, you all know how much your friendship
(virtual and real)
means to me, right?
 If you don't, please know that many times you and your blogs
 make me smile,
 tear up and want to reach out and give you a hug.
 
Maddy and Allison at the AG store -- figuring out what hair treatments to get for the girls!


Recently, I had the opportunity to meet a blog friend -- in real life!!  
 Mr. Tennis, Maddy and I headed to Kansas City on vacation.
  Mr. Tennis was asking what was planned for the first day after our
 arrival and I informed him that we would be meeting up
 with Laurie, Scott,
Allison and Aaron, of course!
They are the sweetest family ever and we were so happy to meet them.
The kids had so much fun and so did the grownups!


Allison, Maddy and their girls!

We girls planned the meeting and informed the guys just what we would be
doing and it included shopping and eating --
two of my very favorite activities!!
To say that Maddy was in heaven hanging out with Allison at
the AG store is a bit of an understatement!


Mr. Tennis, Aaron and Scott


It was a blast getting to know them a little better.
And, we can't wait for them to come to Lincoln for some Go Big Red fun!!  
It's almost football season you know!


Me and Laurie

9 comments:

Jodee said...

So glad you got to meet up with Scott and Laurie in K.C. I agree that they are the sweetest family and we must host them here next! However, I am always up for a roadtrip to shop and eat in K.C.!

Kate said...

Well...oh my gosh...two of my favorite bloggers in the same place...that must have been so much fun!!! So weird that I feel like I know you both...so glad you had a chance to meet!

Kim said...

How fun! Blogland is so great, glad you made such a neat connection!

Dawn said...

I love reading about connections like this...what a fun trip!

Musings from Kim K. said...

What a special outing. Blogging friends are definitely some of the nicest friends. What a perfect way to end summer.

Laurie said...

We had a blast too!! I love meeting people in person that I feel I've known for years. :) We're looking forward to a fall trip to Nebraska!! :)

Courtney said...

They are the best family. I am lucky enough to have met them in real life too! Glad you had a fun visit. American Girl looks like so much fun.

Alyson and Ford said...

Meeting long time bloggy friends is great! Glad it was a great visit!
We have several we would like to meet up with and missed two recently in Maine that we REALLY regret not making the time. Love the friendships!

Alyzabeth's Mommy

Lori said...

I love hearing about bloggy-friends meeting, what fun!!!