Wednesday, May 7, 2014

It's A Jungle Out There!

Animal Kingdom-- it's  a jungle!
Guess who we saw on the way in . . .
the wisest mandrill ever -- Rafikii!!


When we've visited Animal Kingdom
other years, the place has been a zoo and 
super crowded!

My planning evidently paid off as it wasn't so crowded 
and,
 in fact, we were the first in line to see a couple of our
favorite characters!  
We saw Dug and Russell (remember them from the movie Up?)


And, honestly, I don't know who was more thrilled to
see Pocahontas . . . Maddy or Connor? :)


Oh my word, 
she was stunningly beautiful!
Connor may or may not have asked for her number!


Oh yes, rides -- we did go on a few rides too!
The safari ride was wonderful -- elephants
and giraffes were so close to our jeep!


The Kali River Rapids is a fun ride -- 
someone in our group took the brunt of the water -- totally by accident 
as there is no way to predict who will get soaked!
Thanks Connor -- 
glad it was you and not me!  :)

Mr. Tennis, Connor and Maddy opted to search for the Yeti and ride
Expedition Everest!
Yes, I chickened out of that one and based on the
 screams I heard, I'm so glad I did!


Connor was such a good sport
getting in character photos with Maddy!
What a blast!

5 comments:

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

looks like Disney was a blast. Where did you stay this time?

lea
xo

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

looks like Disney was a blast. Where did you stay this time?

lea
xo

Jodee said...

Oh my word! Count me in for a good safari ride! What a blast! Was this your favorite day?!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Connor is such a good sport. Character spottings are exciting no matter the age..hee hee!

Lisa said...

Pocahontas is a hottie! I'd share that bench with you. I don't like those kind of rides =)