Tuesday, September 5, 2017

And Now She's a Sophomore!

So, now she's a sophomore!
Maddy's first day of school was last month -- 
of course, I'm still trying to catch up!
Rainy on the first day of school this year
so couldn't get our typical outdoor photo!



She was excited to get back to school --
not really!
Truth be told, we both felt like it was way too 
early for school to start on August 16!
But, no one from school asked for my opinion!  :)

The start of sophomore year seemed a bit easier 
in some ways.  At least, she didn't have to struggle with that
locker combination lock this year - it was a breeze!


And just after school started was the solar eclipse!
Here in Lincoln, we were in the totality area so 
it was a huge, huge thing.  We'd been
hearing about it for months!
I bought my special glasses ages ago.
School planned a special outing for 
some students and others had hotdogs and chips
on the football field! 
 How fun was that!
Bill  Nye, the Science Guy, was in Beatrice --
very close to Lincoln!  If only I didn't have
to work, I would have been there!

Unfortunately, it was a bit cloudy that day, but
still very cool how it got all dark and nightime-ish and
then it was like morning again!
The next day was totally clear and 
would have been a better day;
but like the start of school, we can't
pick and choose the date when a total solar eclipse 
will happen!
No matter, it was seriously cool and 
as they said on the Pius t-shirts . . .
Totality Awesome!

5 comments:

Kelli said...

I love Maddy's shirt! We start I. Early to mid August here and I agree it's way to early!

Laurie said...

Adorable as ever!! Have a great year, Maddy!!

Sammy said...

Our schools started the beginning of August. It's silly. Maddie is a beautiful sophomore!

Jodee said...

I hope Maddy has a great school year! The eclipse was sooo much fun too!

Lisa said...

the eclipse was AWESOME!!!