Thursday, January 18, 2018

Mid-Week Update

Attempting to post a bit more (we'll see how that goes)
so here's a little mid-week update!

Last weekend was super busy!
Sunday morning meant Maddy and I were at high school
decorating for the Winter Formal!  It's a fundraiser the
cheerleaders put on and every cheerleader and one parent MUST participate!
The theme this year was Rock and Roll -- who said listening to the oldies
was not a good idea??  Maddy was ahead of the pack since she has
been subjected to oldies music in the car for years!  :)

High school hallways decorated for Rock and Roll!
Then we headed to Sound of Music in the afternoon
and it was fabulous!
It was so well done and having seats in the very first row
was such a treat!
  I wasn't sure if my granddaughter, Jane,
might be too young (almost 8) for it, but she was mesmerized!
We all really enjoyed it!

Catherine, Jane, Maddy and me
After that, Maddy and I rushed home so she could get
ready for Winter Formal. 
My attempt to curl Maddy's hair was successful and approved by M!
She and one of her friends went together.
I worked at the event checking students in and then
chaperoning!  I was happy to see that so many students
came with friends and that it wasn't a "date only" event!

Maddy and Gracie at winter formal
But wait, let me tell you -- Catholic school does not mess
 around on the dress code even for dances.
Everyone is informed of it and any students from
other schools are supposed to be informed by their dates.
The counselors check dresses on the way in!  Dresses can't be too low in 
front or back or too short!
If they don't meet the guidelines, they are sent to a"special" room
where their dress is modified to be appropriate.  Fabric is 
added to the front or back and/or the bottom!
I saw of  number of girls having fabric added to the bottom of their dresses!

There's also a "re-teaching" room for those students who
do not follow the rules on dancing!
Couples can't be too close --
 there has to be space in between them for the Holy Spirit, you know!

After the dance ended at 11 PM, cheerleaders and their parents
are required to stay and clean up!
Yes, Sunday was a long day!
But it was so much fun!
Wish I would've gotten a photo of the priests that
were there and grooving to the oldies along the side of the gym!
Yay -- another successful winter formal in the books!





6 comments:

Laurie said...

I LOVE The Sound of Music- SO much! It is my mom's favorite, so I watched it several times growing up- glad you enjoyed the show.
I would love to see a picture of the rooms where kids had their clothes altered for the party- I'm sure they were thrilled! :) But seriously, I'm all for it- when I taught, I'd chaperone dances, and let me just say- it was NO FUN! Maddy looked adorable!

Billie Jo said...

Her hair looks lovely!!!
Such fun you guys have!!!

Sammy said...

You are so lucky the Catholic school cares what the girls where to the dances! Our public school dances can be HORRIBLE!! I don't get why a mother would let their girls wear some of these "adult" clothes! Sad. Anyway, Maddy always looks adorable!

Jennie said...

Too funny about the alterations (additions where needed.) Maddy, as always, looks adorable. Kudos to you and Mr. Tennis for bringing her up so well. She is such a delightful lady.

Lisa said...

wow! I kind of like the dress code. Kudos to you for being such an involved mom!!

Jodee said...

Wow! What a fun weekend! I am still bummed that I didn't get tickets to the Sound of Music!