Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Thinking of Dad

I'm having the hardest time starting and writing this post,
for you see, my Dad died on August 22nd,
only 2 days away from his 95th birthday!

Me, Dad and my sister Amy - a few years ago
While we are so sad to lose him (and at times I still cannot believe that he's gone),
he had really been suffering.  He had a fall  the week before resulting in 
deep cuts on his forehead, black eyes, a
 broken nose, broken wrist and an unstable neck fracture.

Mom with me, Dad with Judy (the twins)
A celebration of his incredible life was held last week.
I often called him Al and he loved that --
 he also loved that Mr. Tennis would call him Alberto and he called him Ricardo.
He would have been so delighted to see so many relatives and friends there and
would have talked to and
reminisced with each and every one of them.
We are at peace knowing that his pain is gone and he is enjoying eternal life in heaven
and with my Mom and nephew . . .
and probably wondering why we didn't have
any beers at his funeral.


He was truly the best Dad ever!
My sisters and brothers and I were so lucky to have had
such incredible parents and such wonderful memories to comfort us.

There are special people in our lives who never leave us . . .
even after they are gone.
My Dad was one of those very special people.






7 comments:

Julia said...

I am so sorry for your loss! I know how hard this is, as my dad has been gone for just over two years now. Hugs to you and your family!

Lisa said...

I am so sorry. Never easy to lose a parent. Sending love and hugs

Julie said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

Preppy Empty Nester said...

I am so sorry to hear about your sweet Dad. He was so lucky to have such a sweet daughter and granddaughter as you two. I am sure that he will be watching over you in Heaven. xx

Laurie said...

I'm so sad for you, Jan. What a wonderful Dad he was to you and your sister- you can just see the love for you in his eyes. Thinking of you and your family at this time.

Jennie said...

"He slipped the surly bonds of earth'
To touch the face of God".

May the memories of a beloved Dad sustain you.

Best, Jenny

Jodee said...

I always enjoyed hearing about your sweet parents. You were definitely blessed with the best! Al will be missed. Sending hugs and prayers your way.