Friday, January 11, 2019

Clutter Be Gone!

While I have had good intentions 
every single year of decluttering and getting rid
of STUFF,
 I admit I have failed at the 
follow-through. 
The stuff piled up here and 
there in my house alternates between
 taunting and haunting me!

This year, I'm really going to try and
make an effort to declutter the house!
The effort is good enough.
I don't have to and don't want to beat myself
up for not having a picture-perfect
house or closet.
Source:  Facebook
Mr. Tennis bought me the Marie Kondo book
a few years ago and I started it, but stuck it 
somewhere to read later.  
Hmmm - how appropriate - it's now lost in the clutter somewhere!
But, I watched some of the Netflix series,
Tidying Up with Marie Kondo!
I thought it would be another one of those
shows where hoarders are shamed into getting rid of
just about everything they own
and given dirty looks by the organizer.
But it's not.

Marie is so sweet and non-judgmental and
provides tips and advice
on how to tidy up, fold things and
generally live happier without so much stuff!

Last weekend, I tackled my closet
and ended up with 6 large bags to donate and 
a couple bags of trash.
Plus a few hundred hangers (it seemed like that many) -
no need to buy hangers anymore!
I can now get into my closet better and
see what I have.


I didn't force myself to get rid of anything that I haven't worn
in a while, but still sparks joy anyway, such as this
fabulous faux fur vest that I wore 7 or 8 years ago.
It was in the very last spot in the closet way in back.
I love that vest -- I may never wear it again
but it sparks joy . . . so it stays!

This will, no doubt, be a long process 
but it's good to get started!




3 comments:

Laurie said...

I am ALL ABOUT the de-cluttering process! I'm in the middle of it right now- this weekend I organized jewelry. I have SO much that i never wear because it's not out where i can see it. It is now! :) And thanks to seeing Jodee's FB post, I watched my first Netflix show with the organizer. She is so calming! Makes me want to have a neat and tidy house for sure! :) Make sure to take some before/after pictures when you work- it will inspire you to do more! Oh, and cute vest! :)

Lisa said...

I love organizing and throwing things out!! and donating!

Jodee said...

We adore Marie too and don't ever get rid of that vest! It's fabulous!