Thursday, February 28, 2019

Shine a Little Light

Shine a little light on me!
Who loves a chandelier?? 
Me, me me~my hand is raised high!

The first chandy we had in the house was in our dining room.
It's rubbed bronze and even though it's 10+ years old,
it's still a favorite!
Talia Chandelier

I decorate it with ornaments and beads every Christmas!
When we fixed up Maddie's bedroom over 11 years ago
 (is it time for a re-do?)
we found this most adorable one from Pottery Barn!
So sweet and girlie - just like sweet M!

Chandy in Maddie's room!

The Mister and I had been chatting a bit about
changing our foyer lighting fixture.
We both had our own ideas as to what would work
in our nearly 100-year old house!

I was leaning toward a vintage crystal chandelier
from a local re-use store - Out of the Box.
The Mister was leaning toward a flush-mount glitter ball!
Seriously!  
A Vegas-looking glitter ball in our traditional old house???
What had he been smoking?????


Well, once I explained to him the error of his ways
and we visited Out of the Box Together,
he saw the LIGHT!
And he loves it too!
Bye bye glitter ball!
Hello lovely vintage crystal chandelier!


3 comments:

Jodee said...

I love your new light fixture! So cute!

Laurie said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! Still waiting for that virtual tour of your house- I LOVE older homes, and yours looks so pretty from pictures I've seen! Also love Maddy's sweet pink light- adorable!!!

Lisa said...

very pretty!