Thursday, May 23, 2019

Photography Final and Last Day of Junior Year . . .

Today is Maddie's last final of her
junior year of high school!!!
On to senior year! 
Woot Woot!



I'm sure some ice cream and probably brownie
deliciousness will be had today
or maybe a Mickey Ice Cream Bar!?!


Recently, for her photography final, Maddie
had to prepare a 10-photo portfolio
of a subject of her choosing.
She chose food items!
Let me say first, this photography
course has been challenging in more
ways than one as most of the assignments
were either outside or better results from outdoor photos!
And we had the worst winter on record and
a very, very thundery and rainy spring.
She was constantly running outside with her camera to try and catch
the best light for a photo.



Anyway, one of the photos she submitted was a bowl of neapolitan ice cream!
I just love it!
It reminds me of my Dad who used to always buy neapolitan ice cream as he figured
there was something there for everyone.
However, he later came to realize that
the chocolate portion went first, the strawberry next and the vanilla last! 
He thought we all would scoop across and have a little of each! 
So wrong!
I remember him laughing so hard when he realized what was happening!
Dear Al - we miss you so!
And we gobbled up the ice cream in the correct order -
chocolate, strawberry and vanilla last again!

4 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Oh my goodness!
She takes amazing photos!
And I know exactly what you mean about the ice cream.
The same thing happened at our house!!!
Have a great evening, my friend.

Laurie said...

Love the pictures- and the memories!! Once I bought that ice cream for Scott, thinking that since I don't like strawberry it would be all his and I wouldn't touch it. Nope. I ate all the vanilla and chocolate, and when he finally made it around to having some, there was just a stripe of strawberry left. :)

Jodee said...

Great pictures! Yum!

Lisa said...

sweet story! ;)