Thursday, July 2, 2020

Happy July, Happy Weekend, Happy Independence Day!

Are you all ready for some fireworks??


Bee Balm or Bee Bomb? 
Whatever -- it always blooms around the 4th of July
and reminds me of firecrackers!

The 4th of July weekend has scared me for 
a very long time!
When my sons were young, they were always blowing up
something! 
Every single year, I worried it would be some body part!
Lucked out and all fingers and toes remained intact.
They did start a smallish fire with some
fireworks exploding and torching a table umbrella and
leaving a burn mark on the table one year!

Recycled photo from July 2011!
We've been having super hot and humid weather
in Nebraska and that is a little unusual for so early.
I'm just happy that it's not snowing!
However, you know how I am about my hair!
The humidity is doing a number on it
and I have a frizzy crown of hair when
I get home from my morning walks! 
OY!  Thank God for flatirons!

From 2017!
We're not sure how our puppy Frannie will do with the 
4th of July noise.  So far, it hasn't bothered her.
No worries, I have doggie tranquilizers on hand just in case.
Hmmm - I wonder how those work on humans!!!
Kidding . . . maybe?!?!

From 2013 - maybe?
Hope you all have a safe and Happy 4th
and some yummy S'mores Dip!
These are definitely on my list!



4 comments:

Laurie said...

LOVED all the throw-back pictures! I might do the same today! :) Happy 4th.... hoping it's a quiet one for the pups!

PattyK said...

Love the pics! Happy 4th to you and your family, Janet!

Lisa said...

she's so cute! I don't miss humidity!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

I guess I never thought of how to 'say' this flower. We have some, but.... Interesting question. Guess I'd say Bee Balm.

Beautiful daughters.

It's so damp here to day,
that the following
is my Sig Line!
💦 💧 💦 💧 💦