Thursday, July 9, 2020

Did You Know???

Hello Friends!

We are not doing a whole lot or going many places
due to the pandemic and for that reason, I haven't had a whole lot to post about.
Guess it's been a pandemic-influenced blogger's block.
Since I hate a post without photos, I'm putting in a random one.

So, how about some little tidbits of info about me?

Judy and I having a laugh at Tom's expense!
Did you know that I helped my brother deliver Sunday
newspapers when I was a little girl?
Yes - I did!  We got up at 4 AM and my Dad drove us 
to the newspaper joint where Tom put together the Sunday papers.
Then, my Dad drove us along Tom's route and we'd run the
papers to the doors. 
Tom amassed a small fortune from his paper-route!
He paid me Fifty Cents (yes $0.50) to help him.
If it was really cold out, he increased my pay to $0.75 or even $1.00!
He made the decision if it was cold enough for an increase
in wages.
. . . 
It was never cold enough! 

I may have already mentioned this one -- I won a bicycle-safety-riding
contest when I was 8.  I came in second the first year I competed
and then won first prize (an awesome trophy) the next year.
We headed to get ice cream to celebrate.  
Tom climbed over the front seat to the back, 
kicking my trophy and breaking the bicycle right off the top.
Many tears ensued.
It was a huge trophy and my claim to fame!

One day, Tom and my twin sister were in a battle over
something important, I'm sure!
My twin hid under the bed.
Tom figured that's where she was and he jumped on the bed.
It broke -  falling on top of her
and breaking her nose!
My parents were not home.  They were not pleased.

Tom allowed us to go with him to an outside ice-skating rink one time.
We walked (yes, we did) and it was about a mile from home.
I couldn't get my shoes back on after skating, so walked 
home in my socks.  Ouch - I swear a couple toes froze!
And that is why I'm not a huge fan of outdoor winter sports.

One year, I got a Jack-in-the-Box for Christmas.
Tom took it! 
 The photos from that Christmas are
hilarious! 
He's gleefully playing with my Jack-in-the-Box and I'm
sitting there looking very, very sad.
Why, oh why, didn't I punch him and get it back??

 When Maddie was just a little girl, I'd tell her
stories at bedtime of my growing-up years.
She always wanted to hear more about Naughty Tom!

Stay tuned for more installments!

7 comments:

Jennie said...

Fun post! Love that first photo. Hopefully, by now, Tom is more 'responsible':-))

Laurie said...

What is "naughty Tom" doing these days???? :) What fun stories! Share more!

PattyK said...

Very funny, Janet! I recognized you in the photo right away! :)

Jodee said...

Love this picture and the naughty Tom stories too!😂

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Another twin pic!

And stories to go with it.

Delightful!

Oh I hope you did more.

And as to what to blog about....? We are all living our lives, through this. No need to have fantastic topics. We are all in this together. Just to keep blogging, is doing a wonderful thing, for all of us.

It's so damp here to day,
that the following
is my Sig Line!
💦 💧 💦 💧 💦

Unknown said...

More! More! adorable!!!!

Lisa said...

great stories!!