Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Riding With the Top Down


 

Riding with the Top Down

Mr. Tennis a/k/a the Rickster has a convertible!  

Yes, he bought it a number of years ago without consulting me -- generally his MO when buying vehicles.  

One year, he and two salesmen showed up at the house -- he had bought an old used pickup and needed to get a check!!  Yes, I was surprised! I didn't know he was in the market for a small pickup! 

 It was a great little pickup and everyone in our neighborhood borrowed it to get mulch for their yard each spring.  

Sadly, most who borrowed it brought it back with the gas tank empty. 

One neighbor even told him when he brought it back that it needed gas!  

Hey, thanks dude and you're welcome!  :0 


Walt (age 9) and Rickster

Anyway, I digress - back to the convertible.  

As you might guess, it has a limited season of use and it's 2020 time is nearly up as the temps get cooler. 

 So, he decided to take each of the Little Grands for outings the last two weekends,

 except the baby - she's only 1-1/2.

Jane (now 10) was first and somehow missed the photo op!

Harry (age 7) and Rickster

They had so much fun riding in the convertible with him.  

They each went to some different places including to the zoo, to see a horse and each got lunch or a candy bar!  Those were 4 very successful outings with Poppa and they were only gone for 2 hours.

They are all requesting repeats already.


Dorothy (age 4) and Rickster

  He also gave each one some foreign currency!  

One received Canadian dollars; one got some Filipino cash, one some Chinese Yuan and

 Dorothy got some money from the Bahamas -- 

probably none of it worth more than $1 -- but very, very cool!  

I'm not sure what the next adventures with Poppa will be next time.

Of course, we're now having a warmup in temps so riding

with the top down can continue for a couple more weeks!


6 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Wow!
That is beautiful!
And how fun!
Enjoy it during these beautiful autumn days, my friend.

PattyK said...

Love the pics of Rick and the "grands"! What great memories!

Laurie said...

This is by far one of my favorite posts!! What a precious thing to do with his grandchildren. I LOVE it! And the car buying habit is too funny!! "I didn't know he was in the market for a pick up truck". Ha!!!

Preppy Empty Nester said...

My husband has the same MO. He is such a car nut that the minute he leaves the dealership with his new car he immediately talks about what he's going to buy next. Lucky for me, he doesn't do the same thing when it comes to women. Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

What a fun surprise! I secretly want a convertible during my midlife crisis! I bet the grands thought that was a fun adventure! Hurry back, fall!

Jodee

URGENT LOAN OFFER said...

Emergency Cash Loans Hello Everybody, My name is Mrs. Phyllis Sue South. I live in UK London and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $350,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 2 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $350,000.00 U.S. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs. Phyllis Sue South that refer you to him. contact Dr. James Eric via email: financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com Whats-App +918929509036