Wednesday, February 9, 2022

A Few Favorites!

Hello Friends! Hope you are enjoying some lovely weather! After last winter and the overwhelming amounts of snow and dreadful cold temps, we are enjoying warmer than normal weather this year! Hmmm- I like this better! And, of course, when the weather warms up, it makes me want to share a few of my favorite things!
Last summer, I had these sandals or some just like them and they were THE BEST! Comfy for my old lady feet and easy to get on and off and with a back stap so I didn't slip out of them and fall! I found these on Amazon and just ordered. Fingers crossed they will be just as good as last year's!
And who doesn't love polka dots!!! Maddie and I are obsessed! Anytime we see something in polka dots, we run and grab our sizes! Love these shorty pjs and they will be perfect on a spring break trip to . . . guess where???
Most of you know by now that I L O V E chocolates! Almost any kind will do - though not dark chocolate as that will usually trigger a migraine. I was absolutely delighted to find this Bridge Mix recently. Does anyone remember having this as a kid??? My Mom and her friends used to have Bridge club monthly and when it was at our house, one of the things she always had was Bridge Mix. I still love it and it reminds me of my sweet Mom and her adorable friends playing bridge in the living room.
One more thing -- did I tell you . . . I got a new car -- well, new to me - not brand new! My sweet big red jeep, while still runnning - it has some issues and has been relegated to being an in-town vehicle and is unable to make the drive to see Maddie in Kearney. I got this one the first week she was there as I HAD to get there to see her and didn't want to drive Rickster's older car (too big for me). It's just the sweetest little car- it's a 2019 Kia Soul. It's not big or fancy and I didn't want big, fancy or pricey, so it's perfect! A friend told me it looks like a toaster! It kind of does, doesn't it? I call it a Baby SUV. And, I even got different license plates with the Nebraska Sandhill Cranes. The Sandhill Cranes stop in Kearney every year and it's a HUGE event, so I wanted the plates to remind me that this year Maddie is in Kearney. PLus the blue plates look fabulous with the white car.
And my most favorite -- Miss Maddie!!
What are your favorite things lately?? Please share!

1 comment:

Billie Jo said...

I forgot all about Bridge Mix! Thank you for the memory! I will have to look for some. Beautiful picture of your lovely girl! I am loving my new jammies from Kate Spade. I got tired of buying cheaper pajamas only to have them shrink and wear. I decided to treat myself and am loving them! They are pink and red hearts! Have a cozy evening, my friend.