Wednesday, January 31, 2024

January 2024 Update

Hello Friends!! I've been meaning to update the good old blog, but have gotten a bit distracted! My goal for 2024 is at least 1 post a month. When I last posted in November, I believe I was talking about getting ready for Christmas and working in gift wrap at Von Maur! I know it sounds silly to love a part-time seasonal gift-wrapping job, but both Maddie and I love that job! We meet up with our friends from previous years there and, while it can be super busy, it is lots of fun too. And who doesn't love wrapping gifts in gorgeous paper and realizing that someone is going to be thrilled to receive the gift amd the givers are delighted to have their purchases all wrapped and ready to go!
Miss M turned 22 just before Christmas! Her classes and finals had been completed by the time of her birthday. With it being so close to Christmas, it is sometimes difficult to get together to celebrate! But we managed it this year with a birthday day dinner at one of her favorite places and we had an ice cream cake! It was delish! Connor was in town for the holiday, so that made it extra special and a very nice guy that M is dating was also able to attend. We all loved meeting him and getting to know him a little.
The weather at Christmas was very warm and it rained like crazy on Christmas Eve, so we were unable to light our luminaires. That was a first in the 30 years we've lived here! The weather this year has been pretty crazy with at least a week of very sub-zero temps! But we are supposed to hit 62 today - the last day of January with the sun shining brightly! We just got through a few weeks with those super frigid temps and 15+ inches of snow and then dreary cold temps, so we definitely are enjoying have the sun out and some warm weather.
We had planned to be with the whole family on Christmas Eve, but some of the littles were sick, so we had to delay that. We're actually celebrating this weekend - Christmas in February! Instead, Maddie and I made a quick batch of chili and invited her guy to join us for dinner! Maddie and I did a quick clean sweep of the house and all the "stuff" sitting around. It was loads of fun and I must say, I do love my chili! :)
Now that we're nearly finished with January, there is a light at the end of the long winter tunnel! Sending good wishes out into the universe for all. Stay tuned and I promise to try and update more often!

1 comment:

Billie Jo said...

Hello! Happy birthday to your beautiful daughter! And I think the wrapping job sounds amazing!