Tuesday, April 30, 2024

March Update - Spring Break

Hello Friends!! OOOPS -- I missed my March update deadline that I imposed on myself, so guess it's ok that I'm a little late. Better late than never!
Anyway, so during the middle of January and an incredible way below below-zero temp time and mucho snow, Maddie and I decided we needed to make a plan to get out of town!! And go to the beach! You know where we usually go . . . Disney! Well, this time we went to Tampa Bay. We needed a beach and Tampa sounded right and close to some beaches though we had never been there before! It was a very quick trip - I think we stayed 3 nights. Connor joined us from Jacksonville and was our driver extraordinaire! The traffic there is kind of nightmarish-especially for a chicken driver like me!
We hung out at the hotel some, went to the downtown river walk (that may be what it's called) and went to Clearwater Beach! Oh my word!! The BEACH!!!!! I had been longing for some feet in the sand for a while and the sand there is so smooth and soft -- not crunchy or rough at all. LOVED IT!!!
While there, we went on a river tug boat to see the dolphins! Amazing that we beat the usual spring break crowd, so our tugboat - Little Toot -- had only about 20 people on it instead of the usual crammed-in 50 people! The dolphins were so amazing. They followed the boat and came alongside it and gave us a show over and over. It was really a highlight of the trip. I'd post a video, but am clueless as to how to do that, so just take my word for it!
That's the pirate ship above -- we should have gone on that one too!
The weather was warm enough for the beach for Maddie and so I was able to get a few photos. She said she's always wanted photos at the beach and we got a few! It was a more relaxing trip than Disney where we run, run run. We still love Disney though, but a change was good. After such a fun trip, the rest of March seems like a blur.
Maybe it's a bit of a blur because I got a new job! I'm working in the Children's and Gift department at Von Maur. Von Maur is where Maddie and I usually do our Christmas gift-wrap jobs. I felt like I needed a little job, so am working 4 days a week and around 25 hours a week. It's been fun and such a nice place to work. Very calm and everyone is super nice. I will admit it is a bit tiring. Usually I have two 9-hour shifts a week and those can be killers on my old lady legs and feet. But, it's working out well for now.
As always, I will try to post more regularly - but we will see about that, won't we! Take care and stay tuned!

1 comment:

Billie Jo said...

I know what you mean! We love Disney!!! Yet, every now and then, we need a more relaxing time. You found the perfect spot. So glad you and your girl had a good time!