Monday, November 30, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
- My dear sweet Mother who is battling cancer and does so with grace and beauty and no complaints.
- My sainted Dad who doesn't mind that I call him "Al" and he sits waiting by the phone (so he says) for my daily calls.
- My own little family - Mr. Tennis, Philip & Catherine, Connor and Miss Maddy -- they make my life complete.
- My friends in real life, at work, my neighborhood and my bloggy friends -- so happy and blessed to have all of you.
- My twin sister who is hosting Turkey day for us and her many relatives.
- My favorite Thanksgiving dish, not turkey, not stuffing, not pie -- though I do love all of those, but Fudge, that I am making -- yum!
- My job -- thankful to have one and so many friends at work who make it a pleasure to come to work every day!
- My faith -- I know there is power in prayer and feel it, especially this year.
- Decent weather -- I know this is vain, but the cooler, less humid weather is so much kinder to me and my hair!
I could go on and on, as you can probably tell.
Best wishes to all for a very happy Thanksgiving.
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Photo card from Christmas 2005
(Vacay in Mexico earlier that year -- that was fuN!)
This year is a little troubling for me. Philip and Catherine are married and probably doing their own card. Connor graduated from college and is living out of state working (sniff, sniff, sniff), so it's just Mr. Tennis, the Madster and me! What to do?
Christmas card 2004
Last year, only Maddy was on the card. This year, I'm considering a 3-photo card -- one photo of Maddy, one of me and Maddy and one of Maddy and Mr. Tennis. Are you sensing a theme here? Yep, Miss M rules!!! Guess what -- we don't have any photos of the three of us together! Ooops -- that happens sometimes!
Maddy's First Christmas Home, 2003
And here's another question for you -- when do you take your adult children off the signature line on the Christmas card?? It's not like they're not part of the family, but once they don't live at home, is that the time to boot them out of the signature?? What do you think?
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Pumpkin Pie Cake!
Monday, November 9, 2009
Monkey Maddy loves to climb and swing and is really showing some upper body and arm strength. She’s one little dynamo! What a beautiful blue sky and beautiful girl too!
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Recently I was perusing some old photos looking for one of my Dad from his younger days when he was a railroad engineer. I found it among some others that I had scanned and put together in a little birthday video for him five or six years ago. One of the photos I found really made me smile. I’ve seen it before, but I had totally forgotten about it. Here it is – my Mom and Dad holding me and my twin sister [my Mom is holding me!]. Don’t they look so calm and happy?!