Friday, March 10, 2017

Keep Calm and Tap Dance!

Do you tap?
After cheerleading and the early morning practices ended 
a couple weeks ago,  Maddy decided to try something totally new!
Tap Dancing!


We found a "Tap for Teens" class at a dance studio she 
went to years ago.  After two "try it out first" classes, she was hooked!  
She said it is very fun, but way harder than it looks!
She wanted me to join in -- but (1) I'm not a teen by a very long shot; and
(2)  I have no sense of rhythm and fell over during a trial
Zumba class.
 Me = No Coordination!!
I can walk and I can run (a little -- not too far)
 -- that's the extent of my athletic abilities!


As luck would have it (for me anyway), parent visitation was
last week and they only have those once per semester.
During the two classes she attended,  I had been peeking through the windows,
 but all I could
see was a lot of legs and feet moving very, very quickly!
I thought there were 15-20 girls in the class, but only 9 --
just lots of feet tapping!
So nice that they are all around the same age -- most are
freshmen or sophomores in high school.


She's learning very quickly and having the best time!
It's totally a nice break from studies on Tuesday evenings.
Our new motto is
"Stay Calm and Tap Dance"
Happy Weekend!

8 comments:

Billie Jo said...

How fun!!!
Such a talented young lady you have there, my friend. : )
Have a cozy weekend...
Enjoy the snow!

Jennie said...

With this latest fun activity, Maddie is certainly keeping you on your toes (no pun intended).

Kelli said...

Tap dance..how fun!
I have no rhythm either! I have a friend who teaches Zumba but you will never find me in one of her classes.
Have a good weekend!

Laurie said...

I LOVE that they had a class for teens just learning! Too often it seems like if you didn't start something at 6, you're too late! UGH! I'm so glad she's loving it. I haven't tapped since I was about 8 years old! :)

Jodee said...

What a fun class! I hope that she continues to love it!

Lisa said...

you sound as coordinated and as athletic as me!

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Good for Maddy! I took tap for a couple of years but gave it up when I figured out I was not coordinated enough for the task. My Mom told me not to worry, I would find "my thing." Still looking for it. Have a great weekend!

Alyson and Ford said...

What fun! I wish we could get Alyzabeth to do anything relating to dance/gymnastics etc.! I always get a No!!. Go tap away!

Alyzabeth's Mommy (Alyson)